Head unit code (original)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR MPH

Reaction score
Where can I find my head unit code. I disconnected the batteries for wiring and I have what seems to be the 4 digit code. However the numbers in the code e.g. 8 is higher than the numbers on the unit and I can only select up to the number 6. Is this a rookie error or is there a more simplistic way. I don't want to wait 2 days for the dealer to open :(
Cheers, Matty.

Have a look in your owners manual folder there should be a business type card it has the code on it, well at least mine dose.

If you get stuck, just ring Nissan and with your VIN number they will supply you with the code as well as tell you how to enter it.

You say you have what appears to be a code, but the numbers are higher? Assume your Code is 8282.
Ok, to input the code into the radio, you press the "1" button repeatedly until the display matches your number (eg: 8?), press the "2" button repeatedly until the number matches yours (eg:2), "3" button repeatedly(eg:8), then "4" button (eg:2). When all numbers match the code, press "5" button and it should fire up if correct. If you pass the number when selecting, don't panic as it'll cycle around again. From memory, you get 3 attempts at setting it before you need to disconnect battery again.

Thanks Tanz, I tried your method but as soon as I hit 1, and try and toggle through, it jumps to the second place and enters 1 :)-/ hope that makes sense) I recon what I think is the code is incorrect. I will call nissan :)
Thanks for the help guys.
Cheers, Matty.

Latest posts

Back