D22 towbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jastormont

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering if a 2006 D22 Toe bar will fit a 2008 D22 (Jap built)?

Also if you fit your own toe bar do you require a Engineers Cert for QLD?

Cheers,

i doubt that you require an engineers certificate to MOUNT a tow bar - so long as the tow bar has a compliance plate actually fitted to itself.

As for the bar brackets fitting the different year models ... are BOTH year models JAP built? if so, the chance is really good. If its built in different countries, then probably very little chance that it will fit.

Thanks for that.

Yes it is a Jap Built so I am guessing it should fit. The compliance plat I think is on the bar so it should all be good then.

Was there just the 1 type of factory toebar on offier from Nissan? If so does anyone know the toe capacities of this toebar?

have to wait for a D22 owner to answer that ...

The D40 has a 3.0t towing capacity - if a 3.0t capacity tow bar is fitted (that is for a braked trailer)

Otherwise no navara has a non-braked towing capacity greater than 750 kg

should be rated to 2800kg or 3000kg. if its jap built and 2008 is jap built it should fit right on. when i purchased car i had a jap built towbar fitted to my thai built d22. YES THEY DO FIT but the towbar sits in 100mm cause of the tray being longer. nissan replaced it free of charge cause the stuffed up. even a year later after the towbar was installed hehe

good luck
Rusty

Latest posts

Back