Which Brake Pads ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phxeent

Reaction score
Hi.

Navs comin up on 70+Klm. New DBA t2 slotters goin on ($240). Just wondering if I could get some feedback on what Pads people are using. Just soooo many mixed reviews on every brand/pad....Bendix EBC Ferodo Etc
Any feed back would be great

Cheers

Nath

EBC brakes are ok, they also do a perfomance pad which is the yellow one it improve the brake feeling a bit. i have also used standart brembo pads. honestly just the pads wont improve anything that much, a whole new rotor would but again the d22 has a perfect brake system so just replace the pads.

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated.. Stelianos. Just wondering about difference price and performance between brands?.

Thanks

Nathan

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated.. Stelianos. Just wondering about difference price and performance between brands?.

Thanks

Nathan

ferodo brembo and bosch standart pads are around the same price around 40 euro for a complete set of 4 pads. (40 euro ~ 60 australian dollars)
ebc yellowstaff perfomance pads were double the price, they did work a bit better had much less to almost none brake dust but lasted a lot less also. tried em once and decided the money is not worth to use on the factory rotor. if i upgrade the rotor maybe i would buy them again...

Didnt realise how cheap reputable brand rotor/pad, drum/shoe kits were. When i finally get down to the squealers on mine (215k on original pads and shoes) i think i'll just replace the whole shooting match.

Didnt realise how cheap reputable brand rotor/pad, drum/shoe kits were. When i finally get down to the squealers on mine (215k on original pads and shoes) i think i'll just replace the whole shooting match.

Mines on 213k. And I,m up for pads. $135 for bendix, or $50 for cheap ones

i'd have to agree with jonney, bendix are the way to go, they last and now my wheels are only covered in mud. woo hoo!

I got 220k out of the original pads and rotors (2004 bought new) replaced with RDA rotors and pads even though there was life left in them, and they are better than stock. No noise or dust. Stops great. About $220 off ebay pads and disks. I got the better version of the pads - gold i think? and the unslotted plain rotors.

Be careful with bendix, they make a few different types / styles of pad, some are crud. Most are made in china/malaysia now
I put DBA slotted rotors and bendix pads on an auto d40 a couple years ago. I found the initial grab was strong , but under hard braking the pads just wouldnt grab any harder
I pulled the bendix off after about 10,000k and they disintegrated into bits
Put on ebc yellowstuff
Brilliant still to this day

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/131924045398
DBAs most heavy duty and advanced cooling construction. Made in Australia.
They do some cheaper options but i went with these bad boys, after 80,000ks it looks as though they'll never need to be replaced for the life of the vehicle
slotted rotors are all good for 4x4s, its drilled that is a no no because drill holes fill up with mud
These rotors are matched with EBC yellowstuff, the difference between stock braking and the DBA + EBC combo is huge

Buy those from BrakesDirect / QFM.

I run the RDA Rotors and EBC Pads. Bled the whole system twice as the stuff in there was RUBBISH. Pedal is not firm, and the brakes holt me so much harder.

For the price, it was hard to beat..

Latest posts

Back