NP300 First Impressions?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noisey Fan

thanks for the info Rocky....do you have , by chance, the replacement fan part no. and did the dealer replace it at Nissans cost? Where is your local dealership?
regards
Martin

Dont wanna be a party pooper here but fan noise means lots of air is pushing through the radiator
Turbo diesels produce a lot of heat and with temps in oz reaching 40+ degrees the more fan noise the better i reckon

Hi Brampton, the clutch fan was replaced at Rockdale Nissan Sydney, no cost to myself. Sorry they didn't supply me with the part number. But I would assume, if one dealership can resolve the noise issue all dealerships should be able to access the part number information from Nissan Australia by now!

Nissan will fit a series 2 fan. They are the same amount of noise when working but won't come on as much. Got mine done and it is amazing the difference.

Mine is coupled up and noisy on startup but only for about 30 seconds, exactly as you would expect a viscous clutch fan to do. Admittedly I have not towed in warm weather yet (I only got mine in June) but even dragging my race car up Mount Pretty Sally and working it hard to get and keep speed at the speed limit (A roughly 2KM long fairly steep uphill) I have not had the fan couple up on the move, mine is a series 2.

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Finally picked up my STX today - white in Auto.

I notice a few people have mentioned a few things in regards to the NP300's fuel economy, shift patterns, missing digital features (external temp etc)...so thought i would add my few bob along with the crowd on some hopefully interesting information for you!

So - I was lucky enough 3 years ago to be involved with some of the NP300 development program locally. I will make some of my points short and sweet but happy to elaborate on them later in other threads where appropriate! My company is also developing some hardware replacement products to increase output and efficiency.

• Digital Temp is availabe on STX and SOME ST models - harness dependant - software already recognises the data channel.
  • STX units receive thicker amounts of sound deadening in the carpets and firewall segments. SOME ST units also receive this but it is production plant and date dependant.
  • Economy can sometimes be poor due to the stupid ADR run cycle. When we were programming the transmission for units DA8-12 we were limited in what load shift matrix we could use. I still have the earlier shift maps and load matrix which bring fuel economy down to near 5.2ltr open and 8 on urban usage, unfortunately flashing these will void warranty.
  • Keep an eye out for pre start and remote run down functions in V2 when ADR allows this. You can already purcahse the kit and program the BCM from Nissan using JDM or N-USA trigger modules. STX doesnt require the box just a software change. Our key fobs in STX support this function.
  • There is roughly 30-40KW more power available on tap from hardware changes alone for this generation currently. Nissan's rated output long term for this engine is 180KW in Euro markets when the engine is fitted in transporters and vehicles over 3T. Have a close look at the charge link pipe and notice the flat section and awkward bend - this was because the engine is designed for small Renault transport vans and Nissan wont be redeveloping the engine further until late 2017 for update in 2018.

Hope everyone is enjoying their D23's. Going to be a successful car over the next few years, hopefully knocks toyota's socks off. These cars are way more comfortable to drive than a ranger also :love sign:
Hi , I have à 2015 STX , is the digital temp display available to be upgraded on my navara as you have stated in your reply above ? thanks Martin

Latest posts

Back