No warning lights visible on the dash.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunkyone

Reaction score
howdy.

I have a D21 Navara dual cab 94. bought with a QD32 beating noisily inside it (big end) Replaced with a TD27t last weekend. Started first time yesterday but no usual dash warning lights in key ON position; (glow/Brake/oil/seat belt/battery) non existent. Very faint BATTERY light after starting. sometimes OIL/SEAT BELT/BATTERY

no dash illumination...... clock is illuminated but no numbers, earth is intact Dash fuses are all intact.

The engine/battery harness is a mess, i have found what appears to be fuse links? with black one broken on Big white with red line around 6 mm diameter.

alternator isn't currently charging battery, removing clamp whilst running stops engine.

occams razor would dictate that fuse has something to do with alternator/battery charging circuit or dash/interior supply. as they worked previously with the qd32.

i have read posts in this forum regarding alternator questions i can safely say that the alternator/regulator is possibly stuffed. i have the qd32 alternator i can use to fault find the alternator issue.

has anyone come across this issue? any help would be greatly appreciated

So the wiring is a mess, how much of the wiring did you replace? Are you running the TD2.7 negative line or is the majority still from qd3.2? Another thing did you reverse polarity of battery? Do you have any pictures please post. I found out during my engine swap that the TD2.7 can have different plugs depending on year and alternators vary aswell. IMO I agree the alternator sounds like its knackered regardless it should produce enough power to run engine.

Last edited:
Originally this ute had a TD27. previous owner put a QD32 in turboed, then removed and fitted a TD27T. QD32 was running fine, Just very very noisy. battery that was in there had the - and + around the wrong way. + was 5mm from body.

I purchased a N70ZZ4WD which is the correct battery with the terminals the correct way around. installed and tried to start.

i noticed when i changed the terminal cables over, i had unplugged a white cable that was connected to a black fuse link connected to a battery. this accidentally shorted and blew the link

Click for photos

Last edited:
engine is a 90 year TD27 Eti i think, my body is 94 TD27. my assumption is based on the other fuel injection pump having control wiring for boost

i am running the td27 fuel injector pump and harnesses.

I reinstated the white wire with black line (not red) and it gave me the dash lights back, also engine runs without battery.

I found a conversion table for the fuse links into amps and am in the process of mating a fusebox into the loom, replacing these aincent links.

cheers for the help with ideas mate.

Latest posts

Back