Head unit install. High idle at first and clock reset itself

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobez

Reaction score
Hey all! I fitted a new double DIN head unit last night. Everything went in working first time. This morning i turned the engine over and sounded like the battery was struggling just a touch then it kicked over fine and the idle was sitting on about 1100 revs and the clock had reset itself.

Turned it off and started it again and it was fine. Anyone have any idea what may cause that? Maybe because the new head unit is slightly more powerful than the old one? Its earthed properley and all wires were soldered AND heatshrunk for extra care.

Oh wow. You went and did it that way? You can buy harnesses for PNP.

Keep an eye on it. Might just be you had the battery disconnected for to long while installing it?

Oh wow. You went and did it that way? You can buy harnesses for PNP.

Keep an eye on it. Might just be you had the battery disconnected for to long while installing it?

Already had a dvd player in dash with an ISO adaptor, just had to solder the new loom to it. Plus the previous owner used those stupid blue adaptors for each wire instead of soldering them. So i ripped all those off and did it from scratch properley. Doesnt take long at all.

It's odd that the idle revs sat that high though.

If it struggled to crank over it probably dropped voltage enough for the ecu to cut out for a second and reset. I would say that's the reason the clock reset too. If it doesn't happen again I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Did you running the new sterio for a while without the engine running? And or did you have it on accesories for a few hrs while chasing wiring? If so how old is you battery? Strange the next morning it appeared a bit flat. And not during last nights testing....a high idle normally means the air con is on or the alternator is banging out the amps to top up a discharged battery...

Did you running the new sterio for a while without the engine running? And or did you have it on accesories for a few hrs while chasing wiring? If so how old is you battery? Strange the next morning it appeared a bit flat. And not during last nights testing....a high idle normally means the air con is on or the alternator is banging out the amps to top up a discharged battery...

I ran the stereo for a little bit without the engine on. Maybe five / ten minutes if that.

Latest posts

Back