Hello from the middle of nowhere

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomisbear

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm Simon, I live about 20km from Ayres Rock NT, Australia. literally the middle of nowhere, 5 hours to the nearest city (Alice Springs)

I would love to put up some picture of our new D40...But it hasn't arrived yet.
that's a 2 hour drive up the road to the petrol station on the corner. some time next week to meet the truck on its way past from Adelaide.

Cant wait, finally will have A/C. my partner and I currently have a 91 1HD-T 80 series landcruiser. we are trying to sell. we chose the D40 because it is a lot newer, will be cheaper on rego and fuel yet just a powerful as the mighty 1HD-T. it will be sad to sell "Bigfoot" but I'm excited for new adventures in the new truck.

Welcome Simon, congratulations on your new purchase. I'm sure you will love the power and economy of the nav. Its like a v8 with fuel economy of a 4. And is one of the most comfortable utes I have ever driven, which will be handy for the long distances you drive in your beautiful part of Australia.

Thanks, I'm not to sure about the V8 thing, we had a 2009 FPV FG GT-P before we got the Landcruiser, so its got a lot to compare to. but I will admit, from my test drive of it last month, it is quick for a truck. maybe even more so by the time I get it next week, I have had the dealer do the injectors and a few other things before purchase.

had him remove them and get them cleaned properly. because there was a little bit of black smoke in the exhaust. usually caused by dirty injectors, sometimes can even be because of dirty air filter.

I figure its better to get someone else to pay for the potentially more expensive work than for it to come out of my pocket.

Latest posts

Back