low speed drone

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-mal-

Reaction score
Hey everyone, hope all are well.

I've got an issue I can't 100% pin point. There is a drone sound almost like wheel bearings at about 25kmh. Accl load or braking doesn't seem to make it louder or go away, rpm doesn't change it either. Going around a corner at 25kmh does seem to increase it a little. When it happens there is also a small vibration.

I've checked front wheel bearing play, one side had a little the other was fine. Pulled both sides apart and readjusted, pre load, feel, tension/pull test and all within specs. This made no change.

The centre tail shaft bearing doesn't look great (usual cracking in rubber for a 10 year old part) but still appears to be intact, my question is how much movement should there be by hand before replacing. I can move the tail shaft about 10mm in all directions and there is a small chunk of rubber missing just off the edge at the bottom of the bearing housing/saddle.

180000 klm on the Ute with TD 2 inch lift for the last 60000 klm from original suspension. Is there something I've missed? Time is not a major problem but money is (4 kids and 1 more on the way) so I'm not really in the position to be replacing parts going through the process of elimination.

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the original tittle, I realised after I posted it that it could and probably was taken for something unrelated. Any ways upper ball joints were completely flogged out. Fitted new ones today and the drone sound at low speed has gone.

Latest posts

Back