Nissan Navara Brisbane Gordon Country weekend day/camping trip on the 23rd of...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4BYFOR

Reaction score
So it's that time again! You are all invited to come along to our next group meet, this time it will be set for both camping and day trip (which ever suits you).

Please print out our event waiver which can be found in the files section of the group. (this must be presented with each 4x4 vehicle attending) there will be copies on the day but to make things easier for us we have uploaded it for you!

Gordon Country Weekend Trip!

Come along and join us for a great weekend in the south-west corner of the Scenic Rim and Southern Downs. On the way to Gordon Country we will be travelling through gorgeous country site and beautiful Condamine Gorge and cross Condamine River 14 times before heading to the western side of the Great Diving Range to Gordon Country.

After spending the night around the camp fire, we will explore the Gordon Country 4WD tracks on Sunday.

Important

We would like to book at the Bullhole South camp, just behind the office. Hot showers, flushing toilets and power is available. So, all you have to pay for camping and vehicle access permit with $28 and if you wish to connect to power, that's $8 extra.

Meeting point info:

Meet at 8:30 am at the car park behind the Aratula BP service station.

At the meeting point prior to the trip departure we will have a pre-trip chat as a group and run through all relevant information relating specifically to the trip to ensure everyone attending is clear on all details about the trip.

Charge your camera for this one, the scenery of the Great Dividing range, gorges, rivers, waterfalls and rain forests of this area are spectacular...
It is recommended that you have a full tank of fuel for our weekend of off-road adventure driving. There is fuel and breakfast at the Aratula Roadhouse. The only supplies are what they sell at the road house. So, ensure you have everything you need prior. You can also refuel at our lunch stop in Killarney.

Terrain info:
Tracks vary in difficulty from easy to medium depending on weather conditions. We will build the weekend around the people and vehicles coming to suit everyone. For some sections there will be an alternative option available to bypass potentially difficult parts. Our trips and adventures are intended to be fun and a positive experience, only take on challenges your happy to take on.
Parts of this trip will be going through a number of river crossings (over one dozen of them). Your vehicle will need to be able to handle about knee deep water. The crossings have a rock base and do not expect there to be any problems (we have checked them all).

Location Info:

Saturday 23rd of May 2015

Saturday will start by leaving our meeting point and heading past Lake Moogerah through beautiful country site and then through the Great Dividing Range and the Main Range National Park. We will soon hit gravel road and air down. We then continue crossing the border twice before we reach the Condamine River with 14 spectacular water crossings.

After travelling through the beautiful Condamine Gorge, we will reach Killarney for our lunch break (toilets, cafe, playground, petrol station available if required). After the lunch break (about 1 hour) we head straight to Gordon Country. We aim to be at the camp site by around 3:00 pm, allowing plenty of time to set-up camp and going for a short afternoon drive, taking on the play area. After returning to the camp, we will start the camp fires and prepare for dinner. Firewood can be collected for free, but would require a chainsaw. Firewood can also be purchased at the office.

Sunday

Sunday is dedicated to exploring the Gordon Country tracks. After breakfast we will leave camp at about 9:30 am and hit the tracks in the mountains to the north. We aim to be back at camp for lunch by 12:30 pm. At about 1:30 pm we will check out some of the tracks in the mountains to the south. We aim to be back at camp by 4:00 pm for packing up.

Dogs:

Dogs are allowed in Gordon Country, so you can bring your best friend. However, as we travel through the Main Range National Park, some restrictions apply. Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service have advised me as follows:
Domestic animals are allowed to travel in a vehicle through a national park on a gazetted road only. The animal must however never leave the vehicle whilst in the park, you cannot leave a gazetted road in the park while driving through it with the domestic animal, and no excrement can be deposited in the park. It is not permitted to travel with a domestic animal in a vehicle on a non-gazetted road in a park.

We will be travelling on gazetted roads only (confirmed by the Southern Downs Regional Council), but you have to make sure that you comply with the above.

Travelling Times:

Please ensure you check the travel times from your location to the meeting point. You can use e.g. Google Maps to determine travelling times. Make sure you give yourself plenty of extra time to organise yourself so we don't leave without you.

Some examples for travelling times:
Aspley to Aratula - 1 hour 15 min, 100 km
Brisbane CBD to Aratula - 1 hour, 90 km

Gold Coast to Aratula - 1 hour 45 min, 125 km

Maroochydore to Aratula - 2 hours 20 min, 200 km

Catering:

There will be no catering provided, please bring all food, drinks, camping and cooking equipment you may need.

Minimum vehicle numbers for this trip is: 8
Costs:

The total costs for this trip involve booking fee, $28 vehicle access permit, plus an optional $8 fee for power (see details below).

• Camping

The normal tariff is $20 per adult (16 years and older) per night and $10 per child (5 - 15 years) per night. Children 4 years and younger stay free. If you wish to connect to power, an $8 fee applies.

• Vehicle access permit

A vehicle access permit will be required for the Gordon Country recreation area. It is $28 for the duration of your stay. For vehicles not using the 4WD tracks at Gordon Country (e.g. if you just accessing to the camping area), the vehicle access permit is $10.

• Raffle for Prizes

Raffle tickets to win prizes on the day for purchase at $10 each or 2 for $15 or 3 for $20. There is no limit as to how many tickets can be purchased.

A BIG Thank you to the group sponsors for the following prizes up for grabs at the event :)))

can be purchased via pm and on the day of the event. (Please post here if you do not hear from me and I will pm you) Tickets will be posted to you and on the 23rd of May 2015 Gordon Country weekend event day all the tickets will go into a box and winners will be picked out randomly. Proceeds will go towards other group events and keep this group above the rest with great deals and giveaways. Please support our sponsors next time you want to make a purchase toward your Nav!

• Fulcrum Hillcrest, portable air compressor (RRP$129)
• Offroad Life 4x4, RUNVA 11XP winch! (RRP $650)
• Diesel Australia, HALF price ECU reflash on your D22 or D40 for $625 ($1250 rrp)
• INHOUSE Fabrications, Seamless Stainless Steel Snorkel D22
or D40!
• Hackets Discount Tyres, Wheel alignment and 4x FULL road force balance (RRP $155)
• ForeFront Industries, air box intake pipe (RRP $129)
• Also thanks to Peter Myrdycz competition recovery kit. (RRP $274)

This raffle is not sponsored or endorsed by Facebook in any way.

• Here is the Map of the Route
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zWVeNulIEbGI.kviW-aA0HeOk

• To be able to attend you need to sign the Event Waiver which can be downloaded and printed here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pi97xkwmfeqfgg/NISSAN-NAVARA-BRISBANE-WAIVER.pdf?dl=0e

Last edited:
Missed the last one, so will try and get a leave pass for this one...need to arrange work shifts etc. sounds great and Gordon Country is a great spot...

Hey 4BY,

Sorted, changed shifts and cleared the weekend.. So all set.. I noticed in the initial post that there were fees and raffle tickets etc.. How do I go about sorting this and paying the fees?

Let me know if I need to do this before the weekend or on Sat.. I'm making this a father /son weekend , so my 12yr son will join me. I don't know who is more excited, me getting away in the nav or he ditching soccer for the weekend.. .. Anyway, let me know andy further details, see everyone on the 23rd..

Hey 4BY,

Sorted, changed shifts and cleared the weekend.. So all set.. I noticed in the initial post that there were fees and raffle tickets etc.. How do I go about sorting this and paying the fees?

Let me know if I need to do this before the weekend or on Sat.. I'm making this a father /son weekend , so my 12yr son will join me. I don't know who is more excited, me getting away in the nav or he ditching soccer for the weekend.. .. Anyway, let me know andy further details, see everyone on the 23rd..

Fantastic mate! It can all be sorted on the day mate

Hi guys, just wondering if the weekend is still on. And nothing has changed with regard to meeting at the BP Aratula etc. 0830.

Cheers. Bruce

Hoping you can get 20+ vehicles into the BP Aratula carpark... Prolly will be into the side street too.
I cannot attend this one due to my son not being as fit as a Malley Bull at the moment.
Have a great time anyways folks.

Latest posts

Back