dp chip issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ianjb

Reaction score
Hi all,

i just fitted a dp chip to my zd30 and the engine management light came on. So i removed the chip and it didn't clear. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

When the chip was connected the green light did as it was supposed to, but the red light did not work.

before i fitted it there was no issues at all so it has only arisen after the chip install.

thanks in advance

It might just be coincidence that the light's come on at this time, it's hard to tell without getting the error code from the ECU. Most (if not all, these days) mechanics have readers to grab that code for you, so if you know a local one, ask him. Later cars can use an OBD-II program on a smartphone with a bluetooth ELM327 OBD adapter, but earlier cars used proprietary communications and codes.

That code gives you a starting point. We could do the "diagnosis" the other way, and ask about other things like the amount of power, amount of smoke under acceleration etc - but the code might well get us to the answer sooner.

Ok thanks tony, I will see if i can find a mechanic with the consult reader.

As it stands though, there is a complete lack of power and no smoke under acceleration. It sounds very lumpy when running also.

If you mean by disconnecting the battery over night, i did that last night and the issue is still there

I went to tjm to get them to look at the chip and install, the chip blew up there so they are going to organise the replacement.

The fault is still showing, I got the read out of 0707. Since that i have replaced the fuel filter and purged any air out of the system. I then checked the code again and managed to clear it to 0505 so all good.

then around ten minutes later it reared its ugly head again. Does anybody have any more ideas as to what it could be? I am going to run a diesel purge through to try and attack it from that side of things.

Thanks again

A complete lack of smoke means the fuel is being completely burned during each combustion cycle - in our diesels, that usually means not enough fuel for the air that's going in.

That's good news - it means your turbo and the entire air path is fine and you can concentrate on the fuel delivery side. That means fuel hoses, fuel filter, fuel rail, fuel pressure sensor & connectors, injectors, injector harness, ECU, accelerator.

Blocked injectors could do it in a heartbeat, and injector cleaner (particularly something as good as Liqui-Moly products) is a fantastic first step.

Code 0707 in your car isn't a "Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Low Input", it's a fuel injector timing problem. Usually the result of a loose CAS.

Code 0505 is an idle control malfunction. It could also be caused by the CAS and the manual lists the following components to check (in order):

Camshaft position sensor
Mass air flow sensor
Engine coolant temperature sensor
Ignition switch
Throttle position sensor (1)
PNP switch (2)
Air conditioner switch
Power steering oil pressure switch
Battery
Vehicle speed sensor
Intake air temperature sensor

I've labelled my favourite as (1) and next as (2). The TPS because the DP chip might have interferred with it. The PNP switch because they're a common failure point. Try driving while you hold the gear lever to the side. Disconnect the switch altogether and drive it - if it's better, replace the switch.

Thanks tony, i will give that list a go. It should be a great help, its always useful to have a thorough list to work through.

Many thanks again

Back