Looking at buying anything to be aware of?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a D40 Dual Cab diesel, manual and 4x4.
Just wondering is there anything to look out for or any common problems/faults to be wary of.
Cheers
Jason

I was about to ask the same thing.
I'm looking at 2010 on.
Ive been told that clutch and gearbox are known weaknesses. At this stage i'm leaning toward buying one with middle-of-the-road mileage because i figure the more k's its done then more chance any weaknesses have shown themselves. Obviously within reason, I'm not looking for 200k kms, but i figure sub 70k might be a bit fresh.

Any opinions on my thought process???

Obviously there could be issues with any Nav at any mileage, what i am trying to do is find a sweet spot where it has notched up enough miles to iron out any kinks, whilst not being at the point on wearing out.

timing chains are an issue - count on doing a replacement around 100K - ish ..... they are about $2k I think...

I'm looking at buying a D40 Dual Cab diesel, manual and 4x4.
Just wondering is there anything to look out for or any common problems/faults to be wary of.
Cheers
Jason

Might be a shamless plug but I just listed a 2011 d40 man with 60,000km today. Has lots of extras sat nav reverse cam etc. put it on gumtree and carsales. Its worth a look , just going to buy the new Nav when it comes out. Still drives like new. $26900 Nsw.:peace:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back