D22 tradesman canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver_nav04

Reaction score
Hey all . I have a high roof flexiglass canopy I want to install on my 04 Navara . When i test fitted it I noticed that i could not close the rear door properly with the front of the canopy flush with the front of the tub , I had to move it 20-40mm back to get the door to close . This meant that the front of the canopy did not sit on the front rail.

I previously had a tonneau cover on it, I know i have to remove the rail up front for that , am I supposed to replace it with something else ?

Has anyone installed this type canopy before ? Besides the foam seal , is their meant to be anything else in between the canopy and tub ?
Any info and or pics on fitment would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Might be a silly question but are you sure you have the right canopy? The D22's changed their tub length when they changed manufacturing locations (Spain to Thailand) Yours, an 04, I think is a spain build and thus have a shorted tub than some other, later D22s.

Dunno what you're on about, but this thread is ancient and the D22 was never made in Spain.

They were only ever Japan and then Thailand. They went back to Japan for a couple of years after the Thai factory got flooded, but only the D40 was built in Spain.

As for the tubs, the Thai models had a 100mm longer tub, but all the early models (before the D22 stopped production in late 06 and didn't return until the Thai models in late 08) had the same length tubs. Even the newer Jap models as far as I'm aware had the shorter tubs.

The easiest way to tell them apart is the Jap ones have the ribs running across the rear of the tailgate and the Thai models have a plain flat tailgate panel.

What bods said.
Tailgates are easy to identify but as a general rule of thumb the ZD30 had short tubs and the YD25 had long tubs.
Only D22's.

Latest posts

Back