What's that noise??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zanick

Reaction score
Righteo, I'm hoping this is an easy one that others have had and sorted.

My 2010 D40 has started to get an engine squeaking sound while accelerating, between 2500-3000 RPM.
What it sounds like though is more of a high pitched "tweet" rather than a squeak.....
Any ideas what it could be from this badly worded post?
I've got a recording of it but have to upload it from my phone to photobucket and I'm not too see how to do that yet.

The ute is due for a service (past it) but wasn't too sure if this was something someone else has had happen also.

Cheers!

So I'm gonna sound like a prick here but why is this not posted in the D40 engine section of the forum ? You'll most likely get much more and better advice if it's in the right place.

I'll move the post in a sec.

It could be a boost leak. Check all the hoses between the turbocharger and the inlet manifold for small signs of oil leaking out. That's where your leak is.

Otherwise it could be the fan belt, or an alternator bearing, idler pulley going nuts at a certain RPM - without hearing the sound it's difficult to narrow it down, but the boost leak is easy to check for.

Thanks Fourocker, thought It might get a few more views first up- but yeah.

Cheers Tony, will check them all. will try and post it tonight.

Latest posts

Back