D22 ZD30 Fuel Filter relocation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am wanting to relocate my fuel filter to the other side of the engine bay as I have an 80 series cruise air box and want to fit a second battery behind it. When move the fuel filter are you able to reverse the lines?

I.e. In the oem position the fuel line coming from the tank enters the side of the filter closest to the rear of the vehicle and the fuel line going to the fuel pump exits the side of the filter closest to the front of the vehicle. For simplicity as the fuel hose wont reach when moving the fuel filter to the other side of the engine bay keeping in the standard config, can you swap which way the fuel enters and exits the filter? Will it operate the same way?

I know other people have moved their fuel filters but I can't find an answer to this question.

Cheers,
Shorty

Hi Shorty,

Off the top of my head, I don't think it would work. The priming pump setup is designed to only pump fuel in one direction. Assuming there are no air leaks, the whole thing is essentially a one way valve which stops the fuel draining back to the tank after every shut down. Might just have to extend the fuel hoses & cross them over.

Cheers,

Ben

It wont work it you have it backwards.

The filter is designed to filter the fuel from one direction and the primer will only prime one way. you will have to just replace the hoses with longer ones and cross them over. Thats what I did when i moved mine.

Ah yep that was what I thought. Ill just have to buy some extra fuel line then. I think its 3/8 inch fuel hose, ill have to check.

Ben did you just extend the wiring for the plug at the bottom of the fuel filter too?

Ah yep that was what I thought. Ill just have to buy some extra fuel line then. I think its 3/8 inch fuel hose, ill have to check.

Ben did you just extend the wiring for the plug at the bottom of the fuel filter too?

Mate, I've only moved my fuel filter to a bracket on my auxiliary battery tray (like a Pirahna one but home made). I had to use longer fuel hoses but I didn't need to extend the sensor wires. Shouldn't be too difficult though. Maybe you could get another pair of plugs from a wrecker, solder up the extension to the right length then just plug it in.

Latest posts

Back