Miss fire/judder!! V6 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willabbs

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to this forum & i have a problem with my 2013 Navara STX550 V6 diesel, I thought it had a misfire at low revs, quite often when i accelerate
I get a bad judder until the revs come up. When I listen to the engine it sounds sweet so I am now suspecting it is more of a transmission/gearbox problem. This started a few years ago when it was under warranty but every time I took it to Nissan for a service they told me it wouldn't do it for them!! its definitely getting worse & is a lot worse when I'm towing (almost feels like its in too high a gear)!
Anyone got any ideas or had similar problems.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Pete

How many km on it? I'd probably start by getting the auto trans fluid and filter changed and see if it still does it. They will have to flush the system out too.

^ I'd do a visual/physical inspection first as well.

1) Look at the uni joints on the two drive shafts

2) Wiggle the drive shafts. They should be so tight laterally and vertically that nuns would be proud of them.

3) Can you put the car on a hoist (that uses the supports under the car, and not the wheels)? With the car in 2WD, gearbox in neutral and handbrake OFF (I'm doubting it's the front shaft because you wouldn't be driving in 4WD on the road) try turning the rear drive shaft. Easy? Turn the shaft very slowly ONLY in one direction (who cares which one) and watch the wheels turn. Now slowly turn the drive shaft the OTHER way. How far can you turn it before the wheels start turning again? You might have a diff problem.

IF you have been driving in 4WD on the road, it might be the transfer chain. You should hear the chain hitting the side of the transfer case - don't let it go on too long if it is, the chain slapping the side of the case will wear away at the case.

Latest posts

Back