Go Back   The Navara Forum > General Discussions > Main Forum

3 inch exhaust for D40
Old 12-01-2017, 05:21 AM

My Mood:
Default 3 inch exhaust for D40

Having suffered some exhaust damage it seems like a good excuse to fit a 3 inch King Brown system from turbo back.
Has anyone on here fitted a 3 inch system to a D40 (140KW) and was there any noticeable improvement?
Is it necessary to have the diesel injector pump re calibrated or whatever?

Old 12-01-2017, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

My Mood:
Garage

Not necessarily need to touch pump.

There is alot of other brands of there for alot less money to.

Be sure to get a high flow cat and muffler for best results in my opinion

My fear is that if i was to pass on, my missus would sell my toys for the price i told her i paid

Old 15-01-2017, 11:36 AM

Garage

I had a 3" Turbo back Exhaust put on my 126kW Nav.

I got a pretty affordable one. I have an Auto so it was also a DPF delete. It made a noticeable improvement before I got an ECU remap a month later to properly deal with the DPF delete.

If you have a DPF that gets lost in the exhaust upgrade, you will likely need to do a ECU reflash. There are other ways around it but if you want it done properly a remap is the way to do it.

Old 18-01-2017, 01:20 AM

Who did your ecu remap for you?
I have an 07 auto stx and ive been keen to upgrade the exhaust
for a while

Old 22-01-2017, 02:01 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattWij View Post
I had a 3" Turbo back Exhaust put on my 126kW Nav.

I got a pretty affordable one. I have an Auto so it was also a DPF delete. It made a noticeable improvement before I got an ECU remap a month later to properly deal with the DPF delete.

If you have a DPF that gets lost in the exhaust upgrade, you will likely need to do a ECU reflash. There are other ways around it but if you want it done properly a remap is the way to do it.
Mine is a 140KW STX, and being a manual version has no DPF. The pipe leading to the cat converter was cracked and a hole had burned through the converter. That's the first time the exhaust people has seen one do that.
Had the system for a few days now and there is a noticeable improvement in acceleration through the gears. Noise level is low - typical diesel I guess. I will be interested to see if it improves the fuel economy, but unlikely at the moment as I am enjoying the extra oomph!

Old 23-01-2017, 12:31 AM

Garage

i have a 126kw d40 and have had a 3" system fitted for a year now. No real increase in performance, what what has surprised me is i now get about 50/60k's LESS per tank, go figure. Apparently the brain still thinks it's a standard exhaust, so I am currently enquiring about a ECU remap, which i was going to get anyway.