ZD30 injector coding?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco04D22

Reaction score
Hey fellas!
New to the forum 👋
I’ve had my 2004 ZD30 for 4 years now and shes never let me down or given me any dramas! Got her with 133k on the clock and she’s just about to hit 200k. I’ve done a lot of work to her as she was pretty much stock when I got her. I’ve done EGR block, snorkel, catch can, 2.75 inch Beaudesert exhaust, 2inch tough dog lift, tyres (265/75/16), duel battery system plus a bunch of other bits and pieces and just replaced the clutch recently.

Reason why I’m writing the post is I’m looking to put new injectors in with a mate of mine who’s a mechanic, and I’ve heard from someone that I need to get the injectors coded?? Can someone confirm this please, thanks in advance guys! 👍

Hey mate,

You won't need to get them coded for a zd30. The yd25s do need coding, because they are a common rail computer controlled injector. The zd30 only has a electronic rotary pump, the injectors open when fuel is fed from the port on the pump, they aren't controlled by the computer.

Just swap them out and away you go.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Can I ask why you are changing the injectors? I have done nearly 300k and have tried to find info on there life span and am wondering if I should be changing mine at all. My fuel economy had dropped off by around 50 km a tank before my remapped ecu went in and thought they may need cleaning or replacing. I ran liquimoly purge through which improved for one tank at least, perhaps I should do it again

Hey boogieboots

I’ve also noticed my economy going south and like you I’ve done the liquimoly purge and injector cleaner but haven’t noticed a major change. I thought I could hear a faint tapping from my injectors but it was really hard to tell, might just be my mind making it up for an excuse to put new ones in haha. I’m looking to do an ecu remap aswell but I feel like doing that with sluggish injectors is pointless.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back