Engine Oils?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomisbear

Reaction score
I was going through the service manual I downloaded, trying to find out what engine oil I should go and buy. all I found was JAS0 DH-1 which after consulting the Google encyclopaedia I have found out is just a classification for a type of oil. yet I cannot find a recommended viscosity rating.

I then had a look on the Penrite Oils website, they recommend Penrite Enviro+ 5W-30

so I'm just wondering what grade oil everyone is using?

I thought 5w-30 would be quite thin for a diesel engine. I run a 15w-40 along with Lucas engine oil stabilizer, in my landcruiser. but I suppose that is a 24 year old engine

Yep , I use the same Penrite Oil , meets all the specs for Nissan Porsche Mercedes etc , suitable for DPF or non DPF . $ 107 / 10 litre

Can't go wrong with Penrite. If it's an Auto with DPF use Enviro+ if not and your going to change at 5000K use the HPR5 Diesel 5. If your going to go out to 10,000K use the fully synthetic HPR5 5W~40. All those oils exceed the specs. required.

Is HPR 5W-40 passed for diesel? Can't find diesel referenced anywhere. Have been using Enviro+ for ages. Good stuff.

Have seen the Castrol edge 0W-40 diesel for $39.99 for 5l! Bargain price, but is that OK for a 2012 D40?

im looking at what is the best oil for 06 navara diesel manual its done around 280k
which would be best
thanks

I used fully synthetic 10W50) you are far better off with a 5WXX grade oil in a turbo diesel engine such as the Navara, hence why it is "preferable

Latest posts

Back