Draining Fuel From Tank Easy.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonney

Reaction score
Guys, with the D-22 Navara you Do Not have to remove the fuel tank if for some bad reason you have added Petrol to your Diesel tank.
Firstly the fuel take is long and narrow and the rear of tank is nearly in line with the fuel filler door but naturally down lower, so to get the unwanted fuel out of your tank you need to make sure the rear of car is lower than the front of car so the fuel in tank is more to the rear and not the front or spread about.
now you have the car sitting rear end down you then look under the drivers side rear wheel arch and notice a black plastic shroud that is attached via 3 x screws, remove the 3 x screws and withdraw the shroud.
now you will see a rubber hose that looks like a radiator hose and this is attached via a top clamp and a bottom clamp, losen off both clamps so this hose can be removed . there is also a smaller diameter rubber hose of say 25 mm in diameter, leave it there as its just a breather hose.
now you have removed the main inlet fuel hose you need to insert a hose such as a garden hose with either a boat fuel tank pump primmer or something you get from an auto shop that will sythen out the fuel .
once your sure all fuel is out of tank you can re fit the hose / clamps and shroud then re top up with correct fuel .
please note; this method is very simple but is only suitable if you added the incorrect fuel and Did Not turn over the engine to start it. if you did try and start the engine with the incorrect fuel you Must remove all fuel from the tank fuel line the filter / emptry filter / remvoe fuel from filter to injector pump then you should be ok to re prime the fliter pump and start up .
i thought i would mention this How To as i just did this for my son who YES put the bloody wrong fuel in his tank but thank god he remembered NOT to try and start the engine. P.S. you can,t try and sythen out the fuel from the main filler neck behind fuel door as there is some restriction stopping the hose from going to far down into tank, i think it could be a mesh filter thingy or whatever.

Latest posts

Back