Update on Radiators

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highway man

Reaction score
After watching my Radiator Tubes swelling gently with a few Revs while parked and hot, I had a feeling I might be getting close to walking home time, so I started to watch the prices of "Evilbay" and "Gummie Tree" on their Radiators, At about this time I was asked by the local Motor Wreckers to repair his "Steam Cleaner" for him, so I got started the next day!

Come Lunchtime I took a walk about his yard, with his Permission and found a Lonely "2005", 3.l Navara Ute with a good looking Radiator so I pressure tested it ,as you do, and found it operational, so gave it and a "Rear Rollover Bar" a new home, in exchange for my Labour on his "Steam Cleaner, I had to shorten the four bolts that hold the Front Bumper to the Chassis and hang out quite a bit and it fitted right into place for me!

On refilling and refitting it to my "Tug", I was rather surprised to find it held approx' Half a gallon more Coolant, and dropped the Heat about Ten Degrees on my Heat Gauge, so, All seems to be looking good and no more Flexing Radiator Pipes like my decaying Waist!

The "Rear Roll Bar, is another chapter in my "Tug, D21" saga, coming soon to bore you all Sh#tless!

Regards,
highway Man!:deadhorse2:

Update on Radiator!

Well, about six Months has passed since I fitted the "Alumin'" Radiator to my
Tug d21, and I must report that all is well within the "Temp Department" a hell
of a lot cheaper then the Crap sold by Nissan!

I found it held more Coolant and fitted a piece of Cardboard in front of the Radiator
to help raise my Temp while traveling out Bush picking up Scrap Metal for my
other Hobby, {building brass model Ships and Trains for live Steam}

So if you are looking for another radiator checkout your local Wreckers and pay
less!

Best of Luck,
highway Man!:deadhorse2:

Latest posts

Back