04SilverSTR's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work.

I had the same problem with my beau system. Undo all the bolts from the straight piece after the gearbox and twist them around and tighten as you go. This is what beau did to mine when mine fouled on the hanger. Misses now and I even cut 130mm off the dump section of the tailpipe. Tucks away nicely now.

thanks for the tip rusty. will have a look at it tomorrow. been running around in it most of today. exhaust note its awesome very deep and turns some heads, performance wise It is alot better down low, on the hiway it seems around the same but it was only a quick run!

cheers bryan

Nice job 04SilverSTR

Any Chance you could get a video of the Exhaust note Tomorrow?

Thanks

Ok so after 2 days running around with the new system i can report back that i wouldn't say it have made huge differences in performance, the ute it defiantly more drivable and smoother power delivery, boost seems to be there quicker when you stab the go pedal but it still has a little flat spot on take off, overall so far i am happy with it and the note i awesome too. time will tell if fuel economy improves.

any way here is a sort vid of the note and me scaring the shit out of the cat!!
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnUWpzw6lxQ&feature=youtu.be[/YT]

also some pics as well.
I cut 100mm off the end today as like rustynav i hated how far the tip came down!
P1270003.JPG

The straight pipe is where the muffler should be:devil:
P1270004.JPG

up and over the diff.
P1270006.JPG

Last edited:
Nice work mate. Glad the tips that I gave you worked. They came from beau exhaust and sparra mentioned it to me in another thread. Good too see you opted for the muffler delete section. I have to keep swapping mine in and out as the wife doesn't like the droning in the cab. Once I get the mig ill be adding a tornado resonator to my straight through piece.

Bullbar looks neat aswell.

video fixed, just a link now. hmmmm rusty mine has little too no dron, only a tiny bit at about 2500rpm, but by then on the hiway the tyres drown it out! and yeah pretty happy with the bar, the ute is way more comfy in the front now with the extra weight, will nip the t/b's up a little this week tho.

Thanks terrano, pretty good quality IMHO nothing had be changed for install at all and it all lined up perfectly.

bryan

so it looks like i might be getting some sort of front locker sooner rather than later, a mate and i headed out to springbrook host farm over the weekend and i busted my front diff winching up a rocky pinch. now there was some driver error involved to make this happen as i wasnt really letting the winch do the work, lesson learnt, but id say if i didnt break it there it would have some other time later in the weekend.

anyway heres a quick vid of it.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXqLfmKsCh4[/YT]

dam, yea it looked like you were giving it a flogging, car obviously wasn't going anywhere.

Thought it was about time to show some of my purchases,

1st one is a Runva XP11 11000lb winch with plasma rope, which i know works well, it seems pretty good quality, fitted i the bar well, had to get longer bolts to fit the hawse fair-lead as the one supplied weren't long enough. my biggest gripe with it was the control box, it just isn't bullbar mounting friendly really but what i cam up with seems to work well. Anyway here are some pics.

Pulled apart to rotate the gear box, runva have instructions on their site and it only took 5mins.
20130513_154435.jpg

20130513_154438.jpg

As you can see i rotated the handle to the top, once i got it in the bar i realized it needed to be at the bottom.
20130513_160258.jpg

to be continued
cheers
bryan

Ok so i mounted the contol box behind the grill on 2 pieces of angle back to back, the control box is pretty tough all metal, its not fully sealed but Runva say they are 100% Waterproof competition grade Solenoids, it came with a wireless remote but i am going to hard wire a toggle switch in the cabin so i dont have to worry about carrying it or the had piece.

20130514_201948.jpg

20130514_202005.jpg

from the bottom
20130514_202047.jpg

And all done
20130514_202031.jpg

Cheers bryan

I found the clutch handle easier to get to with it on the bottom. How did you do your control box? I bent up some flat bar so the control box is on an angle with the back just shy of the grill. It is certainly an awkward size.

Good to hear it worked well

-Tyler

I also picked some rhino racks from auto barn on special, they fitted up ok, now i just need to get an awning.

20130514_213519.jpg

20130514_213538.jpg

So next on the list is to get the from diff fixed, while in there its most likely going to get a locker/lokka.

Cheers
Bryan

Latest posts

Back