R200 front diff install -Lockable front diff

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
edit.... all the detail is on page one of this thread with pics....

hey guys i know i dont have a navara but do have a wd21 do you think i could put a d22 navara front diff into the front of mine to make it stronger?

Hey guys,

I'm going to try to do the R200 swap to my D40. Looking into it now. Probably going to happen in the next few weeks given everything lines up with the right diff and time to play around fitting etc.
So if anyone can give me any heads up on parts available it would be great.

Last edited:
I am hoping to get something in the 4.11 or the 4.6 range. I know the R200 for a Sylvia has 4.3 and 4.6 ratios, the rear should not be a problem to find. It seems to date finding someone to do the job is the issue...

what needs to be done to fit it to the d40? cant get a couple mates over and do it on a weekend?

The C200 in the rear diff of the D22's and D21's is the same centre as the R200A.

There is a guy on 4wdaction who started doing it.

He should be able to help you out with contacts.

what needs to be done to fit it to the d40? cant get a couple mates over and do it on a weekend?

Hey Joshy,

Nah my mates are useless when it comes to this stuff. I had a chat with David from Bosnjak Engineering and he said that they would pretty much do anything you want as long as you have a wallet for it. Even a brand new diff from scratch or take a rear one and make it fit the front. Amazing stuff they do there. Anyway, that's all very expensive (around $10K to $12K).

If the R200 fits, or could fit and you can get lockers and same ratios for the rear I'd get them to fit it I suppose. I am looking at a Navara that is getting SAS now. I'll get to drive that and see how it goes. The guys there say about $12.5K to do the lot. Still lots of money if you can fit an R200 and that has lower ratios and lockers. Just need to find someone who can advise if it fits and if lockers available for it... well and where is the best place to get one :)

I looked into a Titan front end swap but no one seems to have them in the usa. Everyone wants one but no stock. R200 sounds like something that should be readily available here? What do you think?
Cheers,
Igor

what ratio do you run now? Call a few diff shops/wreckers. im sure theres more then one v6 nav lying around.
If your around sydneys innerwest send me a pm. If you can get dave to get measurements off his r200, ill have a look for u and see whats involved to get it to atleast fit. From there its downhill.

Ill get the measurements if needed.

Will try and do it tomorrow as I have had a tonne of work this week.

Need to top my bank account back up.

I think the ratio that is standard for D40 is the 3.9..(something). I want to try to get 4.33 or 4.6 if I can. Worst case 4.11, should still make a huge difference.
The R200 front diff housing itself.. is it similar to the R180 that's currently there? (Don't even know if that question makes sense:)). Found this picture online. The diff at the bottom looks like an R180, don't know what the other one is but it is damn close... Could that be the R200???

Attachments

• diff038.jpg
    diff038.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 182
I think the ratio that is standard for D40 is the 3.9..(something). I want to try to get 4.33 or 4.6 if I can. Worst case 4.11, should still make a huge difference.
The R200 front diff housing itself.. is it similar to the R180 that's currently there? (Don't even know if that question makes sense:)). Found this picture online. The diff at the bottom looks like an R180, don't know what the other one is but it is damn close... Could that be the R200???

They're both about the size of a R180a... wimpy.

The R200 is very similar, just scaled up. You can pick the size difference by eye.

differences between just the centres?
33mm in crown wheel diameter to start with and then id say the axle diameters and spline counts will also differ.

Plus the H233B is a banjo, like a Ford 9", and the C200 is a salisbury, like a GM 10 bolt.

Latest posts

Back