Any shooters.... Rem 7615p

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanFoldi

Reaction score
Hey guys looking at getting a remington 7615p in the next couple of months. Any body have any info on this rifle ? Things you like or Don't about it would be great.

Deanfoldi.

i have the 7600 in 308

love the rifle,
its a little different to the 7615, being the 7615 comes only in 223 and the 7600 in other calibers.
currently have a red dot on it but im going to swap that out for a small magnification scope soon.
Words of advice

the P models have a shorter barrel, thus louder and accuracy can become an issue because of the short barrel.

Look into slam firing too :)

i have the 7600 in 308

love the rifle,
its a little different to the 7615, being the 7615 comes only in 223 and the 7600 in other calibers.
currently have a red dot on it but im going to swap that out for a small magnification scope soon.
Words of advice

the P models have a shorter barrel, thus louder and accuracy can become an issue because of the short barrel.

Look into slam firing too :)

Yeah mate I wanted the .223 it's mainly for a mates farm and only gonna be used for goats foxes and rabbits. So it should be ok I think. I was a little worried about accuracy but we are normally fairly close.

Yeah mate I wanted the .223 it's mainly for a mates farm and only gonna be used for goats foxes and rabbits. So it should be ok I think. I was a little worried about accuracy but we are normally fairly close.

They are not a bad rifle's but .223 is a bit light for goats.Some state require min calibre for goats to be .243

Shane

They are not a bad rifle's but .223 is a bit light for goats.Some state require min calibre for goats to be .243

Shane

Ok I have never heard of that rule not often I go for goats any way and if I am I usually use my brothers tikka t3 in 308. I was looking at getting the tikka in .223 but thinking I wang something a bit differant to every one else.

Ok I have never heard of that rule not often I go for goats any way and if I am I usually use my brothers tikka t3 in 308. I was looking at getting the tikka in .223 but thinking I wang something a bit differant to every one else.

I thinks it more to do with humane killing of the game.I have shot goats with a 223 but at real close range.Most of the goats that i have shot have been with a 25-06,308 or 300 win mag

Shane

Last edited:
On a slight side track
Shorter barrels are not less accurate. On the contrary, due to the increased stiffness, they are often more accurate (for 2 barrels of the same quality etc..) however you will lose muzzle velocity and it will seem louder.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/rifle_barrel.htm

On a slight side track
Shorter barrels are not less accurate. On the contrary, due to the increased stiffness, they are often more accurate (for 2 barrels of the same quality etc..) however you will lose muzzle velocity and it will seem louder.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/rifle_barrel.htm

spot on mate, shorter stiffer barrel = less whip = more accurate.
just have a look at some of the police tactical sniper rifles, short heavy barrels.

i've heard the short barrel 7615s to be very accurate!

Yeah well the thing with the 7615 is its a fun gun from the looks of it and I'm sick of always borrowing my brothers guns.... He has like 8 riffles of differant kinds ( he works in a gun shop) so if I ever need anything bigger I can take his. This will just be a fun all rounder and my first gun ill own.

Yeah well the thing with the 7615 is its a fun gun from the looks of it and I'm sick of always borrowing my brothers guns.... He has like 8 riffles of differant kinds ( he works in a gun shop) so if I ever need anything bigger I can take his. This will just be a fun all rounder and my first gun ill own.

Ok enjoy.Which shop does you brother work at?.You should be able to get mates rates when you buy it.

Shane

Not sure about discount. I would not really expect one. He works there not me but we will see what happens when I goto buy it.

If there's no obligation to buy from your brother, have a look on usedguns.com.au/ Some good deals come up on there

If there's no obligation to buy from your brother, have a look on usedguns.com.au/ Some good deals come up on there

Yeah no obligation at all mate I'm still looking that's why I was getting info on the rem. still might go the tikka I got mate selling a .223 varmint stainless barrel only been used twice got sling bi pod and leupold or how ever you spell it scope for $1000 so that's pretty hard to pass up.

Yeah no obligation at all mate I'm still looking that's why I was getting info on the rem. still might go the tikka I got mate selling a .223 varmint stainless barrel only been used twice got sling bi pod and leupold or how ever you spell it scope for $1000 so that's pretty hard to pass up.

That's the heavy barrel yes? Personally I,d buy the tikka with the extras, I have a tikka t3 lite stainless in 308, had it for about 7 years the actions are slick. I have 30-30 lever gun as a scrub gun and IMO the remington pumps are a scrub gun, but I wouldn't consider the 223 as a scrub caliber but that's my opinion. But if its what you want buy it, if I didn't buy guns that I just wanted I wouldn't have any at all

Tell you what you pass it up and I,ll buy it:rofl2:

I better change my mind, in reality you really don't want a heavy barrel rifle as a walk around gun, its a good window/spotlighting outfit, but for a grand it seems as good a bargain as you would get

Haha yeah it's the heavy barrel. And I think he has some one lined up after me if I don't buy it. I went to upload a pic but it won't let me for some reason.

Even heavy barrel, I doubt it weighs much but it is something to keep in mind, I traded my old 300 win mag because I found it heavy to lug around, but I,m getting older and lazy

Latest posts

Back