EGR Mod on my V9X

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the same as the resistors or a different active device? Can easily be removed if required.
85341F90-00E6-4E75-9AAF-00CABC9CD99D.png

Hi all, can anyone tell me if installing an EGR blanking plate will solve a faulty EGR valve? Nissan want $1800 to replace the valve. A mechanic told me the cause of my v9x running rough was the EGR valve being stuck.

If memory serves, the V9X had a flow sensor so you couldn't blank the EGR completely anyway. Those that put in the plate had to drill an 8mm or 10mm hole to allow some gas through or the CEL came on.

Some people fixed this by turning off EGR in the ECU, but you need ECU editing software and someone that knows what they're doing or you could end up with a dead ECU. With a stuck valve, you could blank the EGR off and edit the ECU to exclude EGR from the test.

I have heard one case where they put something in to fiddle the coolant temperature to fool the ECU into thinking the engine was cold. The ECU won't command EGR when the engine is cold, when it is idling or at full throttle and may not check the status of the EGR at those times. I don't recommend this action at all, because it leaves the glow plugs running the whole time (glows turn off when coolant > 85C).

I' have put one of these modules on the air flow sensor 4 years and 60,000 kms ago never had a problem. They trick the ecu into thinking the air temp is cold not the the coolant. They don't recommend EGR blanking plate. The resistor is 4.7k. in the patch cable. At least you get get the right plugs to fit it and very easy to to take off if needed. They do give other instructions when fitting cable and very easy to follow.

This EGR blanking module seems to work as follows:
Tony says the EGR valve stays closed when idling or at full throttle.
It also stays closed if the air temperature entering the air cleaner, measured by the MAF sensor, is 10C or less.
So if the vehicle is operating in a cold environment (less than 10C) then the EGR valve would never open.
The EGR blanking module plugs into the MAF sensor to make it appear as if the air entering the air cleaner is below 10C all the time.

Latest posts

Back