550 7 speed Gearboxes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not irrelevant cause if it if the same gearbox out of either the 350z or 370z, pretty much means it's a programming problem and both those cars have been highly modded over the years so I'm sure there would be some after market company that would be able to remap the ecm to fix the shift issue and possibly reprogram the upchange while in 4low. we just need to try and find one.
yeah that'd be nice, I'm sure they would have remapped the tranny to not shift at low rpm.... I'd like it that when we switch it into 4-lo, it holds the gears more in normal mode, and when in "sports" mode it holds until the user changes gear.

There's no telling if it fixes the upshift in 4LO, but it does sound like it will do wonders for normal operation.

The 4LO issue is definitely a logic problem. Raptorthumper figured out that if you manually engage 4LO without letting the ECU know it's happened, the gearbox performs exactly as you'd expect. If it were due to the increase torque levels in the box while in 4LO, fooling the ECU wouldn't work.

thank you for your reply old.tony i was hoping you would get involved and give your opinion, the 550 is a really nice truck if we could sort our gearboxes out they would be even better.

Does anyone think that that item would work on a 550?

Dave sold his nav he has something else but I'm looking onto this now apparantly aguy by the name of jay huxley was pushing big power maybee he has done something to box if anyone finds out post up on here PM me I will do same if I find something

Latest posts

Back