12 volt power socket on the dash

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewis87

Reaction score
hello, does anyone know if and how to change the 12 volt power socket on the front of the dash to be switched not always on. On the 2012 ST

how about you pull out the socket and cut 1 wire then fit a small toggle switch to this wire and mount the switch next to the socket on dash. switch on to work and switch off to stop working.

Yep, as per comments above I also cut 12v socket positive and installed a relay. Connected switch part of relay to 12v accessory power from stereo. That opens the switch when accessories on. Makes it like all others in the car. I was annoyed also it was constantly on, as I have dash cam installed on same circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually added a 12V accessory socket in the hole intended for the hazard lights switch in a left-hand drive vehicle. Since it was only ever to power a voltmeter/temp gauge combo with USB outlet (5V@2A = total power of around 1A @ 12V) I just tapped into the stereo feed line. I power my 2-way radio from the always-on socket.

Latest posts

Back