Go Back   The Navara Forum > D40 > D40 General Chat

Old 03-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Administrator

My Mood:
Garage

The line in red is correct.

Soapy water won't help because there's nothing in the hoses trying to get out. What I did was to get a small piece of 3mm tube, put it in the end of the suspect hose and suck on the tube. If there's a hole allowing air into the tube, you'll find that you "lose suction".

If you suspect the vacuum control is all good, take the air hose off the front of the turbocharger and with a clean (preferably plastic) rod (like the handle of a plastic fork) give the impeller a prod. It should move (perhaps a little stiffly, but smoothly) without much wobble in the shaft. I've got one in excellent condition here and even though it's been out of the car for a couple of weeks there's no play in the shaft due to lack of oil (I just went down and checked now).

Check out the FAQs by clicking here!

"Money can't buy happiness, but it does make misery a lot easier to deal with."
Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2018, 11:28 AM

So spent the $9 for 3m of 4mm vac tube from Repco, glad I did as I found the end of the vac tube that attaches to the turbo control actuator to be quite bad, see attached pic, rest of the hoses where In good condition but replaced them anyhow.

Surprised the mechanic didnít pick it up, even though he said he checked the hoses

One thing I have followed the D40 ECU RESET PROCEDURE in the past with success, but for some reason it isnít working atm, so pulled the negative power lead for 30mins, hope that resets some of it.

Will report back once I have taken it for a decent drive.

Thx..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	562F74C5-9F6B-4B01-8A46-4F568C35B5C5.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	22445  

Old 08-07-2018, 01:15 PM

I had to replace all the vac lines on my 07 STX a few years ago

Lost all boost at the bottom of a dip and couldnt get out again

The original rubber lines went shitty when the car had only done about 90,000 ks

Changed em all for silicon tubing from autobarn

Ending up replacing the boost sensor at the same time because the original BCS snapped when i was removing the rubber tubing

The new genuine nissan sensor was slightly different looking and had a different part number to the original
I bought it from a stealership because i was concerned about compatibility and new/old part numbers

Also it made the d40 boost a little earlier and harder