Go Back   The Navara Forum > Tech Talk > Product Reviews

Old 09-04-2015, 06:17 AM

My Mood:

Bit of an update on the fridge as it has been quite a while.

I have had it running pretty much non stop on 240v since December and I haven't had any issues.....until last weekend.

The fridge itself still runs, cools and does everything it is supposed to do. I think i have traced the problem down to 240v converter overheating / packing it in.

The fridge will power on and run for maybe 10 mins before the error alarm sound and the fridge wont run. Plugging directly into 12v power seems to have solved it and it has been running for the last week no problems.

So, bit of a heads up. If you are running the fridge on 240v and it randomly shuts down this could be the problem.

Christian
2005 White STR Dual Cab: 2" ironman lift / 3" straight through exhaust / Racetech boost, water temp & EGT gauges / Scintex Snorkel / sunyee 24" 120w light bar, 32w light bar, 15w work lights & 7" 75W driving lights / GME TX3100 UHF / 2x2.5m ebay awning / Glacio 60L Fridge freezer / 100AH Deep Cycle Battery / Projecta 100A VSR / Baumr-AG BM-x20i Generator`
Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2017, 08:49 AM

My Mood:

Reviving this bad boy as I now have it running as a beer fridge at home with a solar panel handling the charging duties.

I did a dry run and the starting temp was 27 degrees and I set it 3 degrees as the target temp....the damn thing pulled 40ah to get it down to that target temp

The peak draw was 6.33amps, but it seemed to hover around the 4.3 - 4.5amps mark for most of it with the compressor speed set to low. So if I average that out it would mean it took 9 hours to hit that target.

My guess it that it's not as efficient as it once was, but I still seem to get 5 days out of it before it needs topping up. I'll have to do another test and compare to the first one to see what the go is here.

Stay tuned if you are interested lol :P
2005 White STR Dual Cab: 2" ironman lift / 3" straight through exhaust / Racetech boost, water temp & EGT gauges / Scintex Snorkel / sunyee 24" 120w light bar, 32w light bar, 15w work lights & 7" 75W driving lights / GME TX3100 UHF / 2x2.5m ebay awning / Glacio 60L Fridge freezer / 100AH Deep Cycle Battery / Projecta 100A VSR / Baumr-AG BM-x20i Generator`

Old 02-03-2017, 07:58 AM

Hey OP, I've got the exact same fridge as you and had it for roughly the same time too, I was floating around on forums I while back and came across your post on how the 12/240 adapter shit itself, mines done the exact same thing and at the moment just running off 12v battery box, I charge it up nearly every night. Just wondering did you end up getting another adapter?

Old 08-02-2018, 06:18 AM

My Mood:

Well, damn near a full year later for another update.

I started back on 240 again and no alarms, not shutting down, nothing. It has developed a new problem (again with power), but this time the fridge will attempt to kick on (you can hear it ticking) and nothing will happen.

Still getting power to the display panel and I can adjust the temp, but obviously nothing happens. The digging I've done points to a thermal fuse being the potential problem or battery protection kicking in and just refusing to allow it to actually power up completely.

I havn't tried it on 12v again yet because I just couldn't be bothered buggering around with it, but i will sort that out in the next couple of days. I am going to assume that it's something small and I may take it to get fixes, but time will tell.

C.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:02 PM

My Mood:

So I chucked it back on 12v and she kicked in no problems. Let it run for 10 or so mins and it was all good so I'm calling that a success.

So if you've got one of these bad boys and it starts acting up to j the same way mine has, have a look at 240v first.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk