Turbo whine after 3inch exhaust install yb25

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchw_d22

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum

i just put a 3inch turbo back exhaust on my yb25 and now when im driving when the turbo is spooling up it makes a whineing noise, ( not like a spooling up or turbo whistle), not sure if its the noise its supposed to be makeing with all the air it can move now, not heaps up to scratch with turbos ect so any help would be great

Tia

Absolutely perfectly normal, particularly if you have no muffler. If you use the search function you’ll see it discussed frequently.
Cheers

I originally thought one of my belts was loose, thats the kind of noise it makes now, would it be because it can get so much more air and has pretty much no back pressure? Exhaust is a 3 inch playtime with the hotdog

Cat or no cat? You didn't forget to put the gasket back on the dump pipe or anything like that did you?

If you're sure everything is back together properly I wouldn't be too concerned. Did you remove the turbo to get the new dump pipe on or did you gave enough room to get in there without removing it?

I started to take it out but only got as far as taking coolant hoses off and intake, then decided f*$k that and managed to get it out from underneath, and yea definitely sure everything when bavk on the way it came off

It should be OK then. When you say whine, can you describe it any other way? Like a supercharger whine or similar to that?

The only thing that I can think would cause noise like that is a leaking gasket. Whether it is a coincidence or not I couldn't say, but I'd drive it and see if it gets any worse...

Latest posts

Back