Go Back   The Navara Forum > D22 > D22 Suspension & Steering

Old 06-02-2018, 07:25 AM

My Mood:
Garage

Have you checked your tyre pressures?

As to talk of the shocks being too hard, if it is the shocks at all, from personal experience, harder shocks on these rigs will actually give a smoother ride.
Standard shocks on mine were so underdamped on mine (from new) that the reaction to pot holes was violent and harsh like the wheel would bounce or something, and any undulations would send it rocking and swaying.
Hard shocks fixed this.

Assuming you got the whole lot in a package it should be pretty much right. Maybe get a mate or local mechanic to have a drive of it.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:28 AM

My Mood:
Garage

+1 on checking droop stop clearance. Ideally youd probably want equal clearanc between upper and lower stops. 10mm is about the limit.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:43 AM
Advanced Member

You really do need to drop tyre pressures when it gets rough, especially in these utes.

I had to take my front shocks out for warranty replacement a few years ago, ride was much softer over bumps, but would wallow around and continue to bounce for a bit after bumps/dips on the hwy. So on hitting rough spots it felt better, but it would take a bit for the suspension to settle without the damping effect of the shocks.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

Old 06-02-2018, 10:45 AM

Garage

no noticable steering wheel shake. the only shake on the steering wheel is as a result of the rough ride up front

Old 11-02-2018, 06:29 AM

Garage

Rear brakes load pressure adjuster needs setting up again. Only front brakes be working and locking up. I need to do mine also.but havnt yet . May have to take it to brake place to set up correctly.

Old 17-02-2018, 03:54 AM

Garage

Hey guys thanks for all the information. I'll double check my droop, the top bump stop looks fairly close so I'll give that a measure tomorrow and I'll check the rear brake adjuster aswell.
Cheers again