factory towbar wiring??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson25

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I picked up a 2nd hand genuine nissan towbar for my 2012 ST.
I cant figure out how the plugs work though?
It is the correct wiring harness for my car but i cant seem.to work out how it goes??
Any help would much appreciated.

Tyson did you ever get an answer on this? I've just picked up a second hand 2010 D40 tow bar which I have fitted to my 2012 model. The bar itself fits just fine (checked the bolt arrangement spacing etc) but come to plug the wiring in and found the plug on the truck doesn't match the plug on the tow bar:

This is the plug on the tow bar (appears to be four pin):
20130804_175815.jpg

And these are on the truck (which appears to be a three pin and a five pin):
20130804_185457.jpg

20130804_185513.jpg

Either the different years have different plugs or I am trying to plug into the wrong plug (I can't see any others).

Anybody any ideas if this is the right plug in point, and can I get a plug adaptor or do a need to buy a new wiring harness for the tow bar so suit a 2012 model. Or alternatively does anybody know if I can simply cut the fittings off and connect/solder the wires to each other and if so what colour wires goes to what or is the wiring completely different hence the change in plug/socket configuration.

Factory Harness - STX550 - Reverse Lights??

Hi Guys,

Have Factory Towbar and New Harness.. Connected Up, All working but Reverse Lights on Trailer.. Anyone know if the harness supply's the Reverse signal.. me thinks NOT..??? Cheershttp://www.navara.asia/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

I thought mine had the reverse signal in it, but it wasn't "factory". I had them install a 12-pin plug with extra power. From memory, ALL of the 7 pins in the standard section are wired, so I suspect mine does have the reverse light. Will be handy when I go and hook up reversing lights and a camera on the back of the 'van.

I am moving back to the standard 7pin plug, not only for improved departure angle but so that I can move the power into Anderson plugs rather than running through the 12pin plug.

Tyson did you ever get an answer on this? I've just picked up a second hand 2010 D40 tow bar which I have fitted to my 2012 model. The bar itself fits just fine (checked the bolt arrangement spacing etc) but come to plug the wiring in and found the plug on the truck doesn't match the plug on the tow bar:

This is the plug on the tow bar (appears to be four pin):

And these are on the truck (which appears to be a three pin and a five pin):

Either the different years have different plugs or I am trying to plug into the wrong plug (I can't see any others).

Anybody any ideas if this is the right plug in point, and can I get a plug adaptor or do a need to buy a new wiring harness for the tow bar so suit a 2012 model. Or alternatively does anybody know if I can simply cut the fittings off and connect/solder the wires to each other and if so what colour wires goes to what or is the wiring completely different hence the change in plug/socket configuration.
What was your solution to this?
I have just come across the same problem on my 2014 Spanish Navara. Just wondering if the 4 pin plugs are Thai and the 5 pin are Spanish.

Cheers,
Pierre

So my suspicions were correct. A visit to my local Nissan dealer confirmed this.
The different wiring harnesses are between Spanish and Thai variants.
In the picture below the Thai harness has the two plugs with the green centers.
The Spanish harness has the the two plugs with the white centers.
The Spanish harness harness also has a plug for the RPA (Reverse Parking Assistance) if fitted as well as a decent earth terminal.

picture.php

Latest posts

Back