What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I replaced the dual mass flywheel and clutch with an exedy single mass heavy duty clutch on saturday. What a huge job that is, all going well after 500k's which is good and i saved a lot of money doing it myself. :happy: :beerglass:

spanish D40 towbar mount to see if I'm missing anything.

Definetly should 5 bolts aside, 3 underneath into chassis and
The other 2 on the inside into the chassis. If you wanted to pm me your number I'll send you a picture.
WARNING tho, if the towbar does not have the 5 a side holes it's more than likely and older towbar that wasn't replaced under recall

Last edited:
Definetly should 5 bolts aside, 3 underneath into chassis and
The other 2 on the inside into the chassis. If you wanted to pm me your number I'll send you a picture.
WARNING tho, if the towbar does not have the 5 a side holes it's more than likely and older towbar that wasn't replaced under warranty

Great, Google now tells me I've got a dodgy towbar (haven't used it yet). Wonder if Nissan will still honour their recall.

It seems a bit funny they gave you 10 bolts for a bar with only 6 holes? Where did you get it, just out of curiosity? Private sale, or...
If nissan don't honour the recall (brand newey, yaay!) would it be possible to drill the other four holes in the bar, assuming the vehicle has the captive nuts/ bolt holes in place?
Where did the faulty tow bars fail, does anyone know? Is possible to sneakily weld in a few bit of plate in strategic locations to brace it up?

It seems a bit funny they gave you 10 bolts for a bar with only 6 holes? Where did you get it, just out of curiosity? Private sale, or...
If nissan don't honour the recall (brand newey, yaay!) would it be possible to drill the other four holes in the bar, assuming the vehicle has the captive nuts/ bolt holes in place?
Where did the faulty tow bars fail, does anyone know? Is possible to sneakily weld in a few bit of plate in strategic locations to brace it up?

It is odd there were 10bolts. I bought it from a wreckers in SA over ebay. Think I now know why it was the cheapest one around by a country mile! Worst case I'm down $190, but it did come with a locking hitch pin, receiver and towball that are still good.

AFAIK when the bolts were only mounted under the chassis it caused the chassis problems by pulling down. The solution was to add a vertical plate above the bar design to also bolt to the inside of the chassis rail to existing captive nuts. My bar does not have these vertical plates. I could probably get some added but don't like the insurance implications in the event of a failure without full engineering.

Edit: looks like the part number on the bad is subject to the recall. Will try to contact Nissan in a day or two.

Well not neccesarily all today, though i was working on it at 12:30am this morning. But in the last few weeks:

Installed UHF
Split the two cranking batteries and installed a Dual Battery Isolator
Swapped the Tub for a Tray
Mounted Toolbox
Installed Side Awning

:D

It is odd there were 10bolts. I bought it from a wreckers in SA over ebay. Think I now know why it was the cheapest one around by a country mile! Worst case I'm down $190, but it did come with a locking hitch pin, receiver and towball that are still good.

AFAIK when the bolts were only mounted under the chassis it caused the chassis problems by pulling down. The solution was to add a vertical plate above the bar design to also bolt to the inside of the chassis rail to existing captive nuts. My bar does not have these vertical plates. I could probably get some added but don't like the insurance implications in the event of a failure without full engineering.

Edit: looks like the part number on the bad is subject to the recall. Will try to contact Nissan in a day or two.

Took it in for the recall two weeks ago. How long will you need the car I asked, 3hrs was the reply. Asked if they could do better as I had my son with me, he was home sick for the day. I'd prepared for up to an hour with him and wasn't keen to walk home carrying a preschooler. They replied they'd see if they could get it done quicker and I was out of there in 10min, after rebooking it in for a new towbar and a bonnet warning sticker.

Back in there today getting a new towbar. Hopefully it comes with a new hitch and ball because the existing hitch was stuck good (I'd loaded up the hitch with a fence puller and whacked it with a big hammer and it hasn't budged. I also couldn't get the ball off this morning, think the thread was a bit damaged. (I do have spares though)

Edit: shiny new towbar. No ball (no loss), no wiring (I had removed mine to repair it, so now I'll have to replace) but a shiny new hitch (that doesn't fit into the receiver on our pathfinder. So much for standard sizing)

Last edited:
Got my Np300 fitted with a Aeroklas Canopy.

Now dealing with the issue of colout mismatch :) Polar white is the colour, but canopy seems to be bit of yellowish side.

Polar white does yellow over time if painted on a canopy or any plastic based material including ABS.
Being a new canopy, if it has been in storage where it has been exposed to sunlight and shady conditions, the white will yellow.
Just have a look at the inside of your wardrobe doors if they are painted white with an enamel paint.
Mine is due for a paint, maybe over Xmas.

New boots!!!!!!

New boots for mine this week!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20170124_144656.jpg
    20170124_144656.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 20170124_135851.jpg
    20170124_135851.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 133
Drained the massive puddle off the tonneau cover from last nights rain.

Then Forgot to go and pick up the tonneau cover and sports bar purchased for the tonneau support bar and sports bar to covert to a rear rack.

Picked up the gear. The guy only had one of the brackets for the tonneau support bar, but gave me the pipe saddle he'd been using for his. Went to fit said bar this afternoon, collected the bracket, pipe saddle, screws, pop rivers and found I already had one bracket fitted. Bonus.

Changed lsd, gearbox & transfer fluids.

Transfer plugs were quite tight, gearbox drain plug was super tight. Not sure if the mechanics over-tightened them or they just get tight over time.

Might get a new drain plug next time, its a bit rounded now.

Latest posts

Back