Nudge Bar Install + Fitting Instructions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeys

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've just brought a 2nd hand genuine nissan D40 nudge bar (F2160-EC100AU) to install on my spanish built 2010 D40 (MY10).

I've attached the install instructions that came with it below for those of you who are interested:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-sSHSFHx8Sdbm5aRHFqYkpmdEE/edit?usp=sharing

Before I get into it, I wanted to bounce a couple of things off those of you who have done one before -- so I can get an idea of exactly what parts of the bar I am cutting to fit the supporting brackets etc... before I start hacking away.

I've looked at the fitting instructions but the diagrams are a little unclear / don't look identical to my bar. Maybe it is just me!

The first part I want to check is how people have cut out the bar to fit the two main brackets (N420R / N420L).

Any photos or comments on previous installs would be great. Some photos of my gear are below:

frontbar2.jpg

20140406_142251_2-1.jpg

20140406_144328.jpg

20140406_143201.jpg

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Any chance someone would just take a couple of detailed pictures of their nudge bar install -- preferably on an 2010/11 spanish built D40 that I can have a look at?

Cheers

Nudge Bar

What model is your D40?
I fitted one to my ST-X 2011 D40 and the bits don't look like any of the brackets that I bought from Nissan.

It's a MY10 stx. First of the ones with the 140kw 2.5l turbo diesel, so I'd say the same as yours. Any chance of getting the model number of the nudge bar you fitted?

There are 3 nudge bars that fit 2010 onwards d40 Spanish builds.
F2160-5X000Au which was superseded by F2160-5X100AU these won't fit 550's
Due to the mount so nissan brought out another F2160-5X500AU and F2160-5X550AU ( black)
Mounts from the later are different and it's a bastard getting the mounts for the early bars

Hey Guys,

Im looking at a nudge bar for my 2008 Spanish D40.

Model of the bar is f2160ec000au.

Can someone confirm exactly how many fitting brackets, rods etc are required??

Bolts and Nuts dont phase me as I can get them but I need to ensure all brackets etc are there.

Looking at the pic above, it would see there are only the 4 pieces???

Thanks

Afternoon all,

Thanks for your help and advice previously. Malicious - you are spot on with the bars as Nissan quoted this to me as well.

I have since sold the existing bar and fitting kit I had brought second hand and picked up another 2nd hand bar, this time a f2160-5x100au.

The fitting kit that has come with this is:
F22725X000AU (882313)
I also was given the brackets from the bar when it was removed -- which appear identical to the kit provided.
No fitting instructions provided.

Now I'm not 100% if this kit is for my model Navara (October 2010 STX - MY10) and I have not yet spoken to Nissan.
Just wanted to throw the question out there for those of you who've had experience -- otherwise off to Nissan when I get a chance to confirm.

I have heard previously these can be fitted without removing the front bumper. Looking at the brackets from the previous install, this seemed impossible so I went about removing the front bar to get easy access to the front of the chassis.

When lining up where the brackets look to fit and where the attaching pieces come out through the front grill -- this doesn't line up for size against the nudge bar itself.
Quite possible I'm doing something stupid here...

Any advice based on the above or pics below would be great. Fitting instructions for the newer bars would be awesome too if anyone has a copy, that may give me my answer! :)

Cheers,
Mike

fitting_kit.jpg

frontofcar.jpg

f2160-5x100au.jpg

bar2.jpg

Nudge bar

Gday Mikey did you get the nudge bar to fit? I have just bought a second hand bar with the same numbers to fit on the stx550 but was unaware that there were 3 different bars as Malicious pointed out. The question is are the bars different or are they the same with different mounting brackets if so can I get the brackets from Nissan to suit the 550?

I'm planning to head to Nissan to ask about the fitting brackets. I'm hoping the bar I got fits with different fitting brackets to those seen in the picture.
If anyone can confirm that'd be great, if not I'll report back after I talk to Nissan.

Cheers

Hi Malicious,

Attached are photos of the fitting brackets I was given with the bar. I've also attached the F2160-FX500AU fitting instructions Nissan gave me when I went and spoke to them.
I gave them the model number for the brackets I currently have which they said were superseded with the F2272-FX500AU however "should" work -- which I am doubtful of at the moment.

Eyeing off the brackets I have with those specified in the instructions (page 2 drawings) -- to me they don't line up 100%.

When I place the bar mount brackets onto the bar and line up with my front bar as a guide, they line up just inside the grill/opening of the bar.
Where as going through the instructions - drawings E and F indicate that I should be cutting out a piece of the bumper on the outer edge of the grill in the bar to fit, which to me looks like the brackets would need to bend outward more from the nudge bar.

Thanks again for your advice/help with this.

Cheers,
Mike

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

** FITTING INSTRUCTIONS F2160-FX500AU **

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-sSHSFHx8Sdak11bTlnNVg3bUk/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Ahh just my luck!! So I'll need to track down the older brackets for this bar to fit?
Maybe I'll sell it and keep looking. Bullbar might be easier! ;)

Just decided to get up and check the numbers on mine. Had been trying to sleep but with the heat and the thought of tricking my truck, all got too much.
Mine reads very similar but - Malicious - mine wasnt on the list
F2160-5X700AU
D40 NAVARA (02/10-)
Might i be right in saying the few numbers before the au are some type of colour coding?
Im trying to upload some pix of the setup and how the bumper has been cut to suit but i dont have anywhere to upload to.
I know that before my body lift the long skinny leg brackets came thru the bar about two inches lower than the grille - just below the bend. -EDIT- Maybe these were for the spotties tho as while im looking again at the pix of the cutouts, lower down again there is other holes drilled
The front bar where the nudgebar entered was cut either side(above number plate line) of the lower grille opening in a decent size 'L' shape. Whats the best way to upload some pix - or if your in a rush and cant wait for me to figure something out, come down and have a look. Or pm me ya number? Whatever works

Last edited:
F i G J a M - probally not everything you need but let me know

C20xck.jpg

Latest posts

Back