Charlies D40 2014 ST Build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie91

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Finally got around to making a thread for my ride I purchased around June 2014. Series 7 D40 ST 4x4.

Here she is stock and brand new from the stealership, Got an average price for her did pay $42,000 AUTO
P.S : Sorry about the crap on the photo had dust in my old iphone camera.

BRAND NEW: JUNE 2014
NewST.jpg

CURRENT:
11997959_10207938025873121_1005878539_n.jpg

• BullBar
    Complete
    Winch
    Complete
    Snorkel
    Complete
    UHF Radio
    Complete
    Underbody Protection
    Complete
    2" Suspension Lift
    Complete
    Mud Tyres
    Complete
    Spotties
    Complete
    LED Light Bar
    Complete
    Canopy
    Complete
    Side Steps and Scrub Bars
    Complete
    Custom Made Rear Draws
    Complete
    Roof Rack on Canopy
    Complete
    Air Compressor/Air Tank
    Pending
    Dual Battery Setup
    Complete
    Front Air Locker
    Pending
    3" Exhaust System
    Complete
    Rear Bar with Tyre and Jerry Can Holder
    Complete
    Long Range Fuel Tank
    Complete
    Diesel Fuel Filter (Diesel Dog)
    Complete
    Flash Tune
    Complete

Last edited:
First off I decided to go to ARB to get most of the first batch of items done and installed as I wasn't too keen to do too much to the brand new car myself :)

Bullbar : Chose the ARB deluxe bullbar as I loved the look of them and couldnt fault the build quality.

Winch : Chose the Tigerz11 Domin8r 12000pound winch which i got for a good deal with a Waeco CFX-65DZ fridge in total for about $1800 I think. One of the Supacentre deals a little while ago. Normal price for the winch was $750.00

Under-body Protection : Went with the ARB 3 bash plate system which to date am very happy with especially with the low clearance the D40 has.

Spotties : IPF 900 HID x2 (1 Spot 1 Flood) setup, very happy so far with them don't really use them that much though bit of a waste of $$$.

UHF Radio : Got it installed under the dash with the extension port only just visible under the dash to plug in. GME TX3345 very happy with the quality and speaker sound.

Snorkel : Safari, installed by ARB definitely was not keen to do this myself.

That was all from ARB

10468466_10204650716012429_6733215057501480786_o.jpg

Last edited:
Tyres : 265/75/R16 Federals, went with them cause of a good price really. SO far very happy with their off road performance only downfall is the noise factor. Thinking of 33's for my next set to get my clearance up alittle more though.

2" Suspension Lift :

I originally got a deal from TJM with their XGS shocks system. Wasent too happy with the front ride height after I found out they did put the wrong springs in for my weight rating even though I did tell them what mods I had on the car and was quite pissed off they didnt mention the springs where not rated for the weight. Couldnt believe they put them in even though when I did the quote I asked for HD shocks.

I did change the front setup over completly to an Ironman Foam Cell Pro (Adjustable) with the HD spring. Love the springs and struts so far and in the future If and when I have to change my rear suspension over will be going Ironman for sure.

Next on my List was the canopy which I obviously wanted for a touring setup, loved the ute look but had to give it up. I did alot of shopping around to try and find a canopy I liked for its build quality and its looks. In the end I had the choice between Carryboy and Flexiglass. Flexiglass (flexisport) gave me the better deal in the end with it fitted for $2970.00 with central locked rear door and Rear demister and LED Light ect ect. Very happy with how it has come up :) While Carryboy wouldn't budge on there price of $3400.00

10628622_345992012251778_6427870180196757771_n.jpg

6282_345992052251774_4410810193306621890_n.jpg

10349126_345991985585114_749418894757081201_n.jpg

Last edited:
Next up which I fitted about a week or so ago was the ARB Side Steps and Scrub Bars.

Picked them up for about $1000 which is about $100 off the RRP. Fitted them myself as I didn't think there would be too much involved. Was a little work involved and did need a mate to help with holding stuff ect. Had to drill afew holes but nothing too hard. Takes about 4 hours to do a proper job.

Very happy with them as I put them to the test the very next day at Wombat. Got a few scratches on them but nothing abit of black spray paint couldnt fix. Happy to have that extra protection on the sills and the front wheel arch.

10735833_10205709965292999_731693792_n.jpg

Last edited:
coming along nicely, the only thing is, and its only my opinion (and you know what they say about peoples opinions) I just cant get into the steelies.
I know allot of guys run them but they just look so dated and old on a modern ute and due to the lack of dish that you can run on the navs it just looks like its got stockers on it.
Im just not sold on them, i like the black but not the old school style.

On another note its looks like a few navs lined up in one of the pic, was that a forum meet up?

Last edited:
Great to see a plan come together!

Maybe showing your age nathand22, as to me black steelies signify ' I have lost my plastic wheel cover' ha ha from the era where everything had plastic caps!

J13NST : It was mounted like that only because I didnt want to drill new holes into the ARB due to the mounts being made for the Warn brand. One day I might get around to it but for now its not really bugging me.

Nath : Yeah I see you point they do look alittle funny but I was intending of running two sets one for when I go away and one for general use. I did that once and changed them over and I CBF doing it again might use the standard rims for my next set of tyres. We shall see.

The photo was from a D40 Victoria meet up on the facebook page probably about 2 months ago. Wall a ball.

update on the rear drawers. Been doing lots of research and thinking of making them myself due to the extreme prices companies charge.

Looking at 12mm Marine Ply to make the entire setup out of using a Teflon on Teflon roller system which I've seen companies use. Which would suit my off road use of the vehicle and also keep costs down as for good quality slides in the length I want are around the $500 mark. All up I've estimated it should cost me about $500-$600 to make the entire drawers including marine carpet on top and good quality locks on the front.

Hopefully get around to making them in the next month.

update on the rear drawers. Been doing lots of research and thinking of making them myself due to the extreme prices companies charge.

Looking at 12mm Marine Ply to make the entire setup out of using a Teflon on Teflon roller system which I've seen companies use. Which would suit my off road use of the vehicle and also keep costs down as for good quality slides in the length I want are around the $500 mark. All up I've estimated it should cost me about $500-$600 to make the entire drawers including marine carpet on top and good quality locks on the front.

Hopefully get around to making them in the next month.

I made mine myself not hard at all. I used 15mm CD ply, same glue as marine ply but made from pine not hardwood so a bit cheaper and lighter but not as stiff or strong. If i was to do them again i would use 12mm.
For the runners i used teflon boat slides and planed then down so they weren't so thick. With all my tools for work each draw is about 90kg and they slide ok a bit of effort to get moving but once they're sliding its ok and they don't rattle.

Cheers Gav

Drawers are almost complete now,

Ive only really got the side wings and carpet on the drawer's themself which isnt alot, its all bolted down using the existing railing system installed on the floor (8mm bolts).

The Drawers are made out of 12mm Marine Ply (Hardwood) with a shit load of screws and waterproof wood glue. Ive used some HDPE for the sliders and it seems to work good. Overall Im very happy with how it came out considering this is my first proper wood job :) Cost about $690.00 to build myself, with some left over materials, could probably make it again for about $600

image2.jpg

Last edited:
Finished the drawers, Just got to make the wings when I get a day off and Carpet them :)

image11.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back