D22 Headlight replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldie

Reaction score
I'm replacing a stuffed drivers side headlight assembly. I read somewhere that they come pre adjusted from the factory.
Is that correct or do I still need to adjust it.
Cheers

i doubt they would be pre adjusted as hows to know if your vehicle is abit bent as in been in a bingle or a not so good build from new. there very easy to adjust yourself.

just dont allign it yourself, go to a descent shop and they will make it accurate there. might be mistaken but the degree on the headlight is 0,3% or something

I've always set it up against a brick wall with a level pad using chalk as a guide on the wall. Go for a drive and if it needs to be higher or lower go back to the wall and bring it up or down. With a big load or towing the arse is lower and it changes the angle anyway. No need to be too fussy!.

I've always set it up against a brick wall with a level pad using chalk as a guide on the wall. Go for a drive and if it needs to be higher or lower go back to the wall and bring it up or down. With a big load or towing the arse is lower and it changes the angle anyway. No need to be too fussy!.

nice idea if you cant afford 10 dollars for a proper headlight beam allignment i guess?

Thats how i do mine. And keep the cordless with a long bit in the car for further adjustments until its just right. ;)

Just make sure they arent aimed high so they shine through peoples windscreen or rearglass on lowbeam and make them want to get out and punch you in the throat.
AimingLightsRules.png

The new headlight got put in today. For an after market assembly which is supposed to be the same as the original, well not quite true.
The bottom bracket hole for the grill is well off and I can't push the grill into it. Buggered if I'm taking it apart again. Just gotta remove the jayco out of the drive and aim the lights at the garage door and see what happens.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back