Gordy's random chat thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear :)
Mines 1k overdue for a service. Been so busy haven't had the time :(

Yeah, same story here. Sux ay, I've been doing mine every 8000. I let this one go 1754kms over.
It's a good Ol' donk, just needs a lil regular attention from time to time.
How many km,s are you doing yours usually?
Do you take it to someone?

Jase,
It probably won't hurt it if you let it lapse a few times here or there.
As long as it's still getting done around the 8-10k area.

Yeah I know. Still try to do it every 5000. Comes around quick though! Have to look after the old zd30

It's rather easy really.. I am sure if you where shown once (or even watched a youtube vid or two) you'd be mastering it in no time..

A brief overview goes like this...
1. Jack up car
2. place oil pan under sump...
3. undo sump plug and drain oil. Fetch sump plug from oil pan as you just dropped it in.. No Wait.. Wait.. Wait.. I usually let it drain for 20 minutes..
4. replace sump plug.. (clean first, to get any dirt off)
5. Locate and remove oil filter (done from under car usually.. shit of a place to get too!)
6. place some new oil on the rubber seal of the new filter.. screw on and tighten (only a little!)
7. Undo oil filler cap - its on top of your rocker cover..
8. Pour new oil in.. Approx 8 litres of the stuff..
9. Allow oil to settle - check dipstick for oil level.. add more if it is not up to the full line.

Voila! You've done an oil change...

Start the car to force oil into the filter then check dipstick again after it's been turned off and settled

Slight difference with a d22 lol. The oil filter is upside down on the top of the motor and it only holds about 4 litres of oil...

Haha thanks for the tips!

But I'm currently arguing with my number plate! Stupid bolt behind the plate is jammed on there good.

Latest posts

Back