whine in diff stx550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian2641

Reaction score
hi,new member,got myself a 2012 stx550 spanish a couple months ago,drove it a couple hundred klms.started to here a whine in the diff,checked the oil. there was none.took the bung out and got about a teaspoon of metal filings.cleaned it out and filled it with the proper oil,but it's still got a bit of whine. so,my question. is it better to get a complete diff. or get this one fixed

checked the oil. there was none.

:confused2: NONE?
where did you happen to buy this truck? I'd be mighty pisst off and taken it back to where it come from to find out why. I'm sorry that i don't have the answer but that is a SHOCKER

the guy who owned it died and it was bought as is where is.so i have no come back,and even with the diff gone i still want the ute

Might be best to get one from a wrecked car and swap it over, in the meantime I would not drive it till all the fluids have been checked/replaced.

get one from a wrecked car and swap it over.

+1
You wont ever know what it's been thru but i would nearly guarantee it wouldn't have ever been without any oil.
Might pay to drop the oil again? -only being a couple litres of oil, it shouldnt be to costly..? Does someone know?
Is there a magnet to catch the shavings? Or would that be the gearbox?

Welcome to the forum aswell:redcool:
Hopefully after you have this sorted you'll be good to go

changed oil again $60 for 2.5ltrs.did'nt make any difference.and yes,there is a magnet in the plug

Latest posts

Back