D22 door & steering lock problems - it was the key.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinE

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered before, but just for info;

The door locks on my 2013 D22 STR have slowing been getting harder to open. At 1st it was just the front passenger door, then the driver's door too. If I jiggled the key around, the lock would open.

I assumed that the locks had been shaken around on corrugated gravel roads - wrong!

Then the ignition lock started it as well! On Monday this week, I couldn't open the driver's door no matter how much I jiggled the key, or pulled it out of the lock & flipped it over.

I tried the spare key,which has never been used before & bingo! No more issues in any of the locks.

The main key still causes issues. I'm going to get a new spare key cut before it wears too.

Hope this helps someone!

Arn,t we lucky the door and ignition keys are just like the common house key. $10 a key. those electronic keys are bloody expensive .

Yup! My wife's car is a Pajero. Don't get me started on electronics lol!

I had the same issue with mine Kevin, if your in and out of the car all day the key eventually wears to a point the lock pins don’t line up correctly.

another key and barrel destroyer is when you have extra weight from more keys and nick nacks hanging off the main key wheen its in the ignition. the bouncing up and down wears these out alot quicker .

Not sure if this has been covered before, but just for info;

The door locks on my 2013 D22 STR have slowing been getting harder to open. At 1st it was just the front passenger door, then the driver's door too. If I jiggled the key around, the lock would open.

I assumed that the locks had been shaken around on corrugated gravel roads - wrong!

Then the ignition lock started it as well! On Monday this week, I couldn't open the driver's door no matter how much I jiggled the key, or pulled it out of the lock & flipped it over.

I tried the spare key,which has never been used before & bingo! No more issues in any of the locks.

The main key still causes issues. I'm going to get a new spare key cut before it wears too.

Hope this helps someone!

My D22 2013 has same issues,but I realized it was key straight away.

Latest posts

Back