Squeling on cold start and throttle non responsive

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jased22

Reaction score
My zd30 hs been squeling on cold starts for a while now. Noise is only there for a few minutes then goes. Isnt there when starting after car has been driven that day. And now when i try to rev the car when its cold nothing happens for a few seconds? Then goes back to normal. What coukd be causing that to happen. Replaced idler pulley a month ago due to squeling noise

Do a TPS relearn and see if it fixes the accelerator. Squeals probably belts.

just condensation on the belts from not starting overnight, just replace the belt if you cant stand the noise ( like me). to make sure, just use some water on them while they are not making the noise, if the noise appears with water you got your answer

Replaced belt with a genuine nissan one when i did idler pulley. Been playing in the mud a fair bit lately though its probably all covered in mud. I'll try putting some water on them and see what happens

did u replace both belts ? the zd30 has 2 doesnt it? even when on new belts all it takes is 2 drops of oils or coolant and they start acting all weird in terms of noise. if it was the bearing or anything like that the noise wouldnt go away, but get louder the higher the engine revs.
might as well top chain tensioner as well, common problem on the yd25 startup and the zd30 runs exactly the same tensioner.

Thought they only had one? But not 100% sure, i got my mechanic to do it for me. Im not sure what he did now, cant remember if it was the tensioner pulley or idler pulley. I'll have to check with him

Still having throttle issues. Only happens when the engine is cold i press the açcelerator and the car doesnt rev. Done the tps relearn a when i first posted about this issue it seemed to have gone away but has returned

Still having this issue. Took the car to the mechanics and they done a engine scan and said it threw a throttle positon sensor fault.. My battery was pretty rooted not charging properly so they reccomended replacing that first. Done that since then and still having problems. They did say it sounds like it could be air in the fuel lines seeing as it takes the car sitting over night for it to fault. Think that is definitley the issue my fuel primer takes a few pumps to go hard when its sat over night and when i do that i dont have the problem. So how do i find where air is getting in? Thinking it must be the thing that screws into the bottom of the fuel filter

firstly check the 2 fuel line ends that attach to the fuel filter housing, by a new genuine fuel filter and make sure they also supply you with the black rubber o-ring seal that goes on the filter bottom / drain . if this seal is old or has not been fitted correctly , you will get a leak of air fron the filter this is why you have to pump the filter up often. the pump / pressure should stay hard all the time. sounds like this is your problem with the cold starts. please use a genuine filter not a copy.

Always used ryco filters. Replaced it last weekend with the new seal. Might try a genuine filter though. Might try replacing the fuel hose clamps with better clamps first as they are the shitty self tensioning type

I found that mine was losing prime overnight as well, just after I had done a filter change. My fuel lines looked a little brittle where they pushed onto the hard pipe so I bought a couple of meters of new hose and replaced the lot with some left over for the spares box. Found a crack in the hose to the injector pump underneath the protective sheath. Must have leaned on it while rooting around under the bonnet I guess, or just a coincidence? Fixed the problem though

You can get clear 10mm hose at Bunnings, put a section each side of the primer or replace the last section going to the fuel pump. When my electric lift pump died the vacuum created ruptured the primer diaphragm.

Only for a test run to see if there is a lot of bubbles in the fuel

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back