D22 stock weight capacity in tub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tas_richo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've tried searching without any success. Could someone please tell me how I'd go putting roughly 375kg in the tub of a stock d22...

About to pick up a new business in melb and considering purchasing get a whole heap of tiles while I'm in melb. (From tassie)

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Evan

375kg will be fine.
what matters more is the placement of the weight. with double cabs its tricky because the weight is behind the rear wheels. the further back the load is the bigger the effect of the weight. ie it acts like its heavier. it pays to keep the weight forward as much as possible.

As mentioned above. According to the Nissan specs, the tubs can carry about 900kg ish and still be within legal weight, as long as you're not towing. There would be a few of us getting around on here with 300kg ish permanently in the tubs without dramas.

900kg would be a bit much for a stock d22 tho, be riding on the bump stops i'd say.
Not sure how the tub would handle it either.

375k should be ok, would be about the max tho with stock leaves i reckon.

900kg would be a bit much for a stock d22 tho, be riding on the bump stops i'd say.
Not sure how the tub would handle it either.

375k should be ok, would be about the max tho with stock leaves i reckon.

they handle 1000kg without hitting the bump stops. but thats in a single cab. while the double cab is rated the same, the load position is very different and it probably would be sitting on the stops.
but keep in mind d22 rear springs sag badly anyway. with decent rear springs, which generally give 2" lift, your not going to hit the stops.

i have done up to 1500kg some years back on mine without problems and 1000kg is like a weekly thing for me so no problems there. the right spring is a bit sagged since the wheel arch sits about 1cm lower than left but its a god damn monster.

Latest posts

Back