d22 2.5L STR lack off power on take off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lack of power

I have 2013 2.5 str and it has same problem,not that it is a problem just a Nuance of that motor most of other makes with small motors have hill assist takeoff technology, its just physics.I have a reasonable size boat[1200+]kilos and on steep ramps just slip it into low range before pulling out of the piss.I have done egr and chip,while chip is great egr made most difference for take off.

I've never understood this thread, the fact is it just aint got the cubes or gearing to shift 2tonne+ with a load. Get it tuned properly and learn to build up some boost before you take off. 2 tonne is very managable in a D22 if you know what to do, I've overtaken B Doubles@130kph and done very steep hill starts without a problem. Respect the cubes and allow for it!.
Cheers

I've never understood this thread, the fact is it just aint got the cubes or gearing to shift 2tonne+ with a load. Get it tuned properly and learn to build up some boost before you take off. 2 tonne is very managable in a D22 if you know what to do, I've overtaken B Doubles@130kph and done very steep hill starts without a problem. Respect the cubes and allow for it!.
Cheers
I've overtaken 2 b triples that were following each other in mine. Downhill lol, got it up to about 130 just... The scariest bit was seeing how quickly the egts rise at that sort of speed, especially not even towing... I was getting up around 600c post turbo. I normally get around 300 - 350c at 100ks...

I get a roar of torque from 2100 then a strong pull till it's out of puff at 3500. The tune is great being set there, on the hwy it's realy good. The last dyno was 159hp at the wheels backed off to 152hp. I get the feeling she has loosened up heaps@100k despite being not far off 3tonne. Never since the mod's have I ever had a problem taking off or anything at all.

Cheers
You didn't say if the B doubles where moving or grabbing a burger :}, I to like to tow at a good clip and once your moving it tows great,i do the run to Bermagui averaging 110 to 120 klm plays hell with fuel econ though from 700 to 400 klm a tankfull I respect the cubes but I also respect the clutch hence I slip it into low range.

D22 2.5 ltr exhaust ( power )

Yes mine 2.5 d22 has done 23000 klm . I was at the stage i hated driving it as power hopeless. I went to exhust shop . Removed rear muffler only . Replaced with just pipe .
WOW what a huge difference . No more chocking down ,no stalling at lights , no chocking on hills or after turning . I have gorn from hateing it to hell yeh almost 3ltr performance
I slightly nice a touch manly sound at idle , no turbo wistle,cant notice any nioser while driving. No drone in cab
Cost $110
Way better then $1000 plus for new exhaust and 1000 plus for chip . I not even cosidering it now . Maybe latter after i finished set up

You didn't say if the B doubles where moving or grabbing a burger :}, I to like to tow at a good clip and once your moving it tows great,i do the run to Bermagui averaging 110 to 120 klm plays hell with fuel econ though from 700 to 400 klm a tankfull I respect the cubes but I also respect the clutch hence I slip it into low range.

Ha Hugh all the B doubles were at about 90 and I had the van in tow about 1.7t with the two tanks filled. I tow a daily work trailer around 800-1500kg's dependant of the load, and I'll use low range often to save the clutch in certain situations.
Cheers

Ha Hugh all the B doubles were at about 90 and I had the van in tow about 1.7t with the two tanks filled. I tow a daily work trailer around 800-1500kg's dependant of the load, and I'll use low range often to save the clutch in certain situations.
Cheers

HA, so your the pricks in your BABY diesels that are trying to bag us up, keep dreaming boys !

Yes mine 2.5 d22 has done 23000 klm . I was at the stage i hated driving it as power hopeless. I went to exhust shop . Removed rear muffler only . Replaced with just pipe .
WOW what a huge difference . No more chocking down ,no stalling at lights , no chocking on hills or after turning . I have gorn from hateing it to hell yeh almost 3ltr performance
I slightly nice a touch manly sound at idle , no turbo wistle,cant notice any nioser while driving. No drone in cab
Cost $110
Way better then $1000 plus for new exhaust and 1000 plus for chip . I not even cosidering it now . Maybe latter after i finished set up

Thats interesting anybody else tried this?However I noticed when mine had so little klms it wouldn't rev freely but has loosened up[120000]but I wouldn't of said it had less power when newer just didn't want to go past 2800=2900 rpm now 3200=3300 is its sweet spot for changing gears if I'm in a hurry.

The probm the 2.5 in the D22 is the same engine was in the D40 remember . D40 was uppermarket and put out 130 kilo watts and D22 was choked up to make sure it didnt out perform tbe 15000 dollar dearer D40 . D22 was set at 97 kilowat

Since i have removed rear muffler and replaced with pipe . While no more chokeing , Dieing and stalling and hatting it.
It still good and easy to drive and still on the same tank of fuel
I was getting around 450 klm around town per tank. I have already done that and still 1/3 of a tank left.thats also running 265/75/16 Bridgestone mud terrains

Latest posts

Back