My D22 Build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh good call.

Well I just painted my flares, paint code is QM1 and I got Polar White paint.

But it definitely doesn't match, it looks more like cream compared to the rest of the car.

Will have to get another colour and patch it up when I could be bothered.

10092220063_cf23e6651b_c.jpg

Did you use a grey or white undercoat? Because if you painted straight over the black it could have an impact on the final colour. Just a thought. Looking good though.

Cheers

Grey. I ended up going out and getting polar white or arctic white. Whatever the other Navara colour is. Looks a lot better now.

Still needs a wet sand and a polish but looks decent considering.

No real updates, I ordered myself two small LED Lightbars to mount on the bullbar.

Will be looking at getting myself a snorkel, wheels, tyres and working on a canvas canopy for the back over the next few months, really just need something to help keep it cool for the dogs.

Alright, well I'm currently saving for new wheels and tyres, hopefully within the next few weeks as the front left is looking pretty low on tread.

My old boys making me a canopy for the rear in his spare time, I wanted to go fibreglass but there's just no second hand ones in Rocky, I think it's only cost around 150-200 bucks so far, the only thing we need is some mesh and some compression locks. I'll leave it bare for a while but it'll end up with a canvas cover and some drawers.

9bnsHaM.jpg

duayGrV.jpg

tKH7TLM.jpg

It's a bit long and a touch narrow at the moment, the perks of building something without it being there to actually test fit.

It's level with the roof line but I don't know if I should bring it up an inch or so, there's probably no point. The side openings will be 1m wide, not massively high though, but I don't think that's a huge importance.

Any thoughts from anyone about what I should do? What they wish they had in their canopys?

The keen eyes will note that the last image is different to the first two, the last image shows where I want it to sit (too narrow at the moment) And the first two have how it sits at the moment, doesnt quite follow the body lines because we brought it in a few inches from our measurements.

I've got no idea, just got told that they were absolutely smashing the guard and I'd need to take at it with a grinder and take a good inch off.

Had to make the choice on the spot so I just said drop down a size.

Weekend away, actually got to take it off road properly.

Fixed a few little niggling problems lately, canopy progress is going well. Will probably order a snorkel one of these days, and thinking about removing the rear step as well, even though it does come in very handy.

13735949953_7a4ba07cd0_c.jpg

Need to lift the front a bit as well. Back sits quite high so I'm thinking about levelling it out. Front torsions are already wound right up though, so I guess my only option is to upgrade to bigger bars?

Geez been a long time since I've been in here.

I've been looking at selling up and buying a new triton. But I don't have the cash, so instead of forking out 30 for a new car I'm going to spend 5 or so on this.

Upcoming plans.
Genuine Snorkel
3" Exhaust - ordered yesterday
FMIC kit - next purchase I'd say
I want a TJM rear step but they cost too much, custom one instead.
Fix up the paint on the cab.
Look at maybe making the interior a bit more comfortable
Maybe a chip
Refresh the suspension, get the ride height leveled out and a bit more comfortable, probably get a steering damper.

Tint redone as well perhaps, just basically some TLC.

Latest posts

Back