Replacing stock 6x9s

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmc68

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm upgrading the Sound System so started by replacing the stock 6x9s.
Went with JVC CS-DR6930 but they're 3-way speakers so now theres far too much Tone but nowhere near enough Bass....have fiddled with the stereo settings but being the fussy B*st*rd I am its still not good enough
Unsure whether to look at a Sub now or turf these speakers and get other 6x9s without the tweeters(Splits?) but not really sure what would be the best way to go....

The frequency range begins at 58Hz on the DR6930s
They're not bad speakers. Keep in mind these are 70W RMW @ 4ohm vs the stock speakers which I would be surprised if they were rated 15W RMS.
What head unit are you running? It's definitely something that can be manipulated through an equaliser.

You could also theoretically test how it would sound with component speakers (where the tweeter is split) if you put a low pass filter on your front 6x9s with your headunit, but if you're working with the stock HU, you're very limited in what you can do regarding the EQ.

Depends on ur head unit
I upgraded my whole system.

Sub included. Might as well go all out I always say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the Stock Head Unit,wanted to see what I could get out of it before looking at replacing that too...initially wasn't sure about what was involved with the Steering wheel controls either but I've since found it shouldn't be a big deal.
I'm trying to do the fitting myself but just haven't dealt with a Component system yet
I guess replacing the whole system would the best thing to do so I want to make sure I get it right rather than adding bits here and there
The old 6x9s had 20W on the back so I take it that was RMS

Ok.Cheers tsch (and Mike) for your advice.
Obviously I read the wrong info on SWCs or not enough...
The HU's definitely going now so any suggestions on that would be great

I run the pioneer avh-x5650bt.
But if I was to do it again id buy a Growl unit hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back