injectors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckiain

Reaction score
Hi I have a zd30 engine and have done 150 000km. Have'nt noticed and promblems with my injectors or the range of km/s out of a tank. Have noticed a lot of people saying tha injectors should be replaced at 100 000kms. Is thier a way to make sure they work ok, or clean them without replacing them cheers:cheers!:

If your fuel economy is still Ok - there's not a noticeable power decrease - and your not blowing lots of black smoke then they're probably ok. But someone might like to expand on that.

Oh & BTW - welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum.

If you're not seeing problems with power, economy or the amount of smoke out the back then I'd say your injectors are probably fine. You probably don't even need to worry about cleaning the injectors.

That said, you can run some injector cleaner (buy it at Supercheap, Repco, Autobahn etc) through the thing - this can cause a problem though, and if it does it's something you might want to know about. If varnish/deposits have formed over small worn areas of the injectors so that the injectors are within spec again, using a cleaner may remove that and cause you to use a lot more fuel and blow a lot of (black) smoke. This is a sign that your injectors were worn out, and only functioning normally because of the deposits left on them.

You could just leave it. Personally I'd have the injectors removed and checked by a diesel mechanic. They'd be able to tell you whether or not the injectors had any issues.

theres no recommended replacement interval with these injectors.
afaik they are replacement only and not all crowds have the test gear to even check them properly let alone repair them.
the catch is injectors wear gradually so its not always obvious that the injectors are worn out. ie you get used to the lower output etc so it always feels "normal".

Thinking of replacing my injectors.

Mine sometimes feels down on power, fuel consumption never changes though.

Latest posts

Back