Stereo audio muting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zakk

Reaction score
Hi all,

Maybe a really dumb question...but how do you put the stereo in the Spanish D40 ST into mute when listening to the radio etc? There's no mute button and no reference in the manual to this.

I assumed there was no way to do this, but I picked up my D40 from valet parking a week ago and the radio was set to "mute", with "Mute" displayed on the screen. Pressing Vol +/- on the steering wheel brought volume back.

The stereo is the standard CD unit, with volume/power knob on the left side.

Cheers...

I discovered the same problem with mine and find it a real pain. I don't think there is a mute button as such. If you wind the volume down to zero it will display "mute". When those annoying radio commercials come on, I just press the off button -quicker than turning the knob!

Dex

Thanks Dex, couldn't agree more. Funny thing was that touching vol+ returned me to normal levels...didn't have to turn up from vol:1.

I'd love to see an ADR that forced mute when reversing...much easier to hear kids or notice a small bump that way.

hi baldric here in south east west aust. I did a battery change in my 04 navara and now I can not get volume from radio. ive put pin in and its a standard Nissan unit. cheers and thanks if you can help me. (im 57 years old. have I lost the plot on this)

hi baldric here in south east west aust. I did a battery change in my 04 navara and now I can not get volume from radio. ive put pin in and its a standard Nissan unit. cheers and thanks if you can help me. (im 57 years old. have I lost the plot on this)

Hi , I just got a 2011 D40 STX and am having consistent dropout on one station every 60 seconds , and would also like to find a mute button , if you find a helpful thread let me know

Latest posts

Back