My D 40 and diesel economy. First test results in.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crikey! Rockyone you would have to be happy with 6.8L/100k. Been recording my fuel usage sinse I bought my new D40 Diesel Auto late last year. I spend a lot of time on the highway out around Emerald and my average at the moment is 12.1L/100k. I work out each tank, the best being 11.2 the worst 14.1 when i towed my tinny around at christmas time. Have heard a few times now that the economy can improve after a while, sounds like you got a good one.

Crikey! Rockyone you would have to be happy with 6.8L/100k. Been recording my fuel usage sinse I bought my new D40 Diesel Auto late last year. I spend a lot of time on the highway out around Emerald and my average at the moment is 12.1L/100k. I work out each tank, the best being 11.2 the worst 14.1 when i towed my tinny around at christmas time. Have heard a few times now that the economy can improve after a while, sounds like you got a good one.

I'm not sure what the roads out Emerald way are like, although I know there isn't much out there, but on the 144ks of straight road across the Nullabor with cruise on 97, moderate temps and no real wind to speak of my economy wasn't overly different from any other highway driving. Maybe as much difference as .5 lph but nothing substantial and while I was hoping for better given how flat it is out there the only way I was going to get it better was to only look at the scangauge as the car went over the dips and rises and the lph dropped to below 5's for 10 secs or so. As soon as real world figures come back into it the average was mid 10's and the best overall was 8.8 but that was only achieved by doing less than 80ks and virtually no traffic coming through the city on the last day

Mine's only just done 10K (service tomorrow) and I haven't noticed any major changes yet but going by other owners stories I am kind of expecting something but at the same time wont be too worried if it all stays the same.

Mines not the d40 but when my car had done just over 15,000km i went on a hunting trip out to lake bolac way, in short we went through ballarat to lake bolac, heaps n heaps of spotlighting at night for 2 nights a drive around the outskirts of the grampians and back to bolac then when we left we went to the grampians done some sight seeing and started making our way home. I filled up at arrarat and only 66l went into the tank but the odometer showed 930km. Thats the best i ever got from just diesel.
I have noticed if i travel north/east way i get better economy than the west direction.

That could be a weather anomaly. Given that most of our weather comes from the south/south west area you could be weather assisted. However it doesn't add anything to the argument that north gets worse economy because it is up hill, unless you are holding the map the wrong way around.

I have found in previous cars and even the trucks that every now and again everything aligns just right and you get one or two really good trips however if you try to analyze what might have helped you there is no obvious answer. Although when I used to do it in the truck and economy usually sat around 20-25lph and just getting it under 20 was a reason to cheer.

What about using a premium Diesel like "Diesel Plus" does that make any difference? We can,t get it in Mackay but would be interesting to know if it improved economy. I used to use premium fuel in my commodore and it made a big difference.

I've never reckoned any of the premium fuels have made any marked improvements in the vehicles I've had despite some people saying that for the same vehicles they were getting 20% better economy. The same goes for any of those fuel additives that supposedly boost your fuel with a tablet or the like but each person is going to be different and where one person might think they see improvement others wont. The premium diesel debate for me is an easy one, even if I wanted to shell out the extra dollars they expect us to believe it's worth none of the servos here are selling it so I can't use.

I do see a difference in using bp ultimate, it gives the misses car 50km more a tank. That didnt come straight away, it slowly got to that amount of extra kays.

thats prob cause of the dpf for autos ;-(

I get around 750 km around where I live I reckon that's ok ... Long trips I'd get more

Latest posts

Back