dump pipe legal?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azz

Reaction score
gday all
i just got a 2.5 inch system from turbo back fitted on my 2010 navara d22 best thing ive done :rock: pulls like a train now but i didnt think about insurance cover because its now illegal without the diesel particulate filter or whatever it was due to emissions standards, can insurance companys knock back a claim now? is there anyone that knows anything about this, i cant be the only one in this boat?
cheers

I assume you had a "no cat" system installed? To my knowledge its the catalytic converter (known as cat) that will make the system either legal or ilegal, regardless of size etc.

Give your insurance company a call, ask what will change on your policy if an aftermarket exhaust is installed. If they will cover it, just make sure its noted on your policy. Worth checking to see that any mods or upgrades you've done are listed.

No DPF on a D22. Just the catalytic converter. My understanding is if it has one factory fitted then it must be retained and in the same position.

But the rules may differ state to state and for commercial vehicles.

gday all
i just got a 2.5 inch system from turbo back fitted on my 2010 navara d22 best thing ive done :rock: pulls like a train now but i didnt think about insurance cover because its now illegal without the diesel particulate filter or whatever it was due to emissions standards, can insurance companys knock back a claim now? is there anyone that knows anything about this, i cant be the only one in this boat?
cheers

What system did you get fitted? I'm currently in the market for one.

What system did you get fitted? I'm currently in the market for one.
hey mate i just got a 2.5 inch straight through with dump pipe from rob bliss exhausts in geebung brisbane. cost about 680 i think im happy with it.

Bigger exhaust on diesels are all about lowering EGT's a 3" exhaust will remove a greater amount of heat.

Fit a pryo and you'll be surprised just how hot the exhaust gets even with out a chip.

i did ask around a lot and every one reccomended 2.5 inch. they said a 3 inch will loose bottom end power or something.. oh well its on now. do you know much about what chips are good? the chip it brand seems ok that advertises on here i have heard a lot of bad things about dp chips and there way too expensive as well

hey mate i just got a 2.5 inch straight through with dump pipe from rob bliss exhausts in geebung brisbane. cost about 680 i think im happy with it.

Robb Bliss does a top job indeed. Did that include a cat convertor?

Greg

mate no cat just a pipe straight through, aaron is running the shop now i think but i couldnt reccomend them more great service he goes out of hes way to help you top bloke! good prices too..

a 3" exhaust is good for 400HP in a petrol car...

2.5" is PERFECTLY FINE for a 2.5L turbo diesel...

heaps of people with turbo patrols and cruisers run 2.5" exhausts and those are 4.2L engines...

It has nothing to do with engine size or power output. It's all about reducing those EGT's. A 3" system allows you to run more fuel due to it's ability to remove a greater amount of heat than smaller exhaust.

Check this thread from the Patrol forum to see EGT's and the effects mods make.

EGT temp Survey - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum

theres a turbo kit for the landcruiser 1hz, i think its denco or similar...

they recommend a 2.5" system over a 3" system... people have actually gotten better power gains through the 2.5" over the 3"

and how many hundreds of thousands of factory turbo cars have stock 3" exhaust systems? i honestly cant think of any... if it was that crucial then they'd all have 3" from the factory

Latest posts

Back