Outside temperature read-out disappeared?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsch993

Reaction score
Hi all.

I just got my D40 back from Nissan (Spanish 2012 ST DC) after they replaced my heater core (dash out job) and as I feared, there's more electrical problems now than when I took the car in. Apart from the foglights no longer working and my indicator seeming to control my high beams (I don't know why), there's one problem that I can't seem to get my head around fixing. I want to avoid taking it back at all costs because I can't deal with their passive aggression and poor customer service. My outside temperature is no longer showing in my dash, it's just blank.
Any idea how I can fix this myself or what it might be?

Thanks

sounds like you might be better off taking the car back and get them to fix all that was ok before. when they pulled the dash out i would say a plug or two have been either placed in the wrong section or left un pluged. why should you repair something that the dealer stuffed up.

Because they'll probably do even more damage, they don't offer courtesy cars or even a shuttle, and I can't afford the time off work.

I'd rather pull my teeth out with pliers than have my car stuck there for another day.

Do you have the receipt for the work performed by that dealer?

Simple answer is this: take the receipt and the car to another dealer, and tell them you don't trust the first dealer to fix it.

They'll probably do it - mostly because any warranty work that they perform is paid for by Nissan.

I'm assuming, of course, that you have the extended warranty - if you don't, then it will have to go back to the original dealer. Asking for the complaints manager might help, if you can explain that you're not at all pleased with the service or the number of faults in the car that have developed as a result of their work.

It probably is something plugged in loosely in the back, if memory serves the temperature sensor wires are right on the end of the plug and those two pins may not be making full contact with the socket (not inserted all the way and locked home). It's unlikely that they plugged the wrong plug in the wrong place because they're all different sized sockets.

Latest posts

Back