Where did you put your UHF radio?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsch993

Reaction score
Hi all,

Seeking suggestions on where you guys mounted your UHF radio inside your Navaras?
I've got a 2012 Spanish ST D40 and I'm not sure where to mount the receiver unit. It's a compact sized one, but was hoping for some suggestions for where to put it based on ease of reach and not getting in the way.

Also, what sort of gain antennas are you running?

Thanks

I tried in the center console box but ended up changing mine to the glovebox for a better fit. both places for me are only used for paperwork and receipts. I used and extension and ran the the Mic up to my rear vision mirror.
Also use a 5dbi aerial

Last edited:
I ended up glueing mine to the sloped underside face of the dash, underneath the 4wd selector
I used bosch hot glue in a bosch hot glue gun

http://www.mytoolstore.com.au/products/Bosch-Glue-Stick-Clear-11x200mm-500g.html

That stuff will stick anything to anything, its very different to most glue sticks for hot glue guns, made in france not china

Its commercial grade and is very handy for automotive applications

Mine is a GME with a remote control handset (no controls on the radio). Mine is hidden up under the dash and the handset rests on the centre console.

My antenna is a 6dB gain GME white stick, sort of middle-of-the-road - 4.5dB was better for hills, 9dB better for flat terrain - and we do both!

Thanks for the tips guys,

I've got the Spanish facelift D40 so I don't have that dip under the 4WD selector, it's just a continual matte silver piece from the AC controls all the way to the cup holders.
I've bought a compact oricom unit with a 3dBi rubber ducky as I intend to use it in hilly offroad terrain and around trees, but I'm starting to think a 4.5dBi might've been a better option.

I think I might go for attaching it under the steering wheel area toward to middle of the dash, that should be out of the way enough.

Fitting anything extra is tricky in a d40 no doubt they're a tightly built unit
All i can say is if you're knees dont hit it you're doing alright

Compared to the ol days of modifying Datsuns where there was so much free space you could mount 3 pioneer stereos and a small flat screen

I've mounted mine on the center console drivers side vertically. Adjust your seat to the most further forward position you would be driving or your other half... cause once mounted it would stop you from adjusting your seat past.that.point as the CB radio would act.as a.stopper.
Mic holder right side of glove box to keep it from been knocked around with knees as your bouncing around in the drivers seat while your having fun !

If you have not purchased your uhf I would recommend a unit with all the control in the handpiece. I mounted my unit in the center console and keep the handpiece in the console until I need to use it. The actual uhf unit is concealed, works a treat. Been in my Nav for 4 years no problems.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back