Provent Catch can

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colby

Reaction score
Hi just got a provent catch can and was wondering where does the drain connect into? Any one got pics of there's installed Thanks

hi colby,

I've got a Calibre and a pic in my Garage link. Drain plug in bottom of mine doesn't drain anywhere cept a bucket when I empty it out. Run a search forum and I reckon you'll get a couple of other pics too - good luck

if you get really serious fit the drain to the sump. may need a one way valve tho.
otherwise any container that you like.

how often do you lads need to check urs? I seem to rack up the km's so frickin quickly its not funny and then its time for an oil change so I check my catch can then and just empty it out. Don't seem to loose too much oil out of it so I don't seem to need to 'recycle' it back to the sump.

Well finally got the hoses required to fit the provent catch can. Was lucky to find the 90 degree reducing elbows but looks good i think and should work a treat.

Attachments

• IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 1,359
Just installed one in my d22, was hard to find space, getting a little crowded under the bonnet. drain hose goes through to a tap that can just drain on to someones driveway when i need to :D

Last edited:
a catch can catches all the oil that normally goes into the motor vis the breather system. that oil normally fouls the intake and can even end up in your air filter. also having unmetered fuel (the oil) going in and burning way to early is not really the best thing for the engine either.

big difference between the usual cheap catch cans and provent is the provent has a very good filter to catch the very fine oil spray the comes out of the breather.

Does anyone know of any issues to damage of turbos with installing these?
have read a few things of people blowing their turbo up...

i can't see how a catch can would blow a turbo up. provent is about the best and the safest you can get due to the bypass valves.
the worst thing that can happen with a basic catch can is you have to much restriction and it pressurizes the sump causing oil to leak out of the seals. (possibly turbo seals giving the appearance of blown turbo)

i can't see how a catch can would blow a turbo up. provent is about the best and the safest you can get due to the bypass valves.
the worst thing that can happen with a basic catch can is you have to much restriction and it pressurizes the sump causing oil to leak out of the seals. (possibly turbo seals giving the appearance of blown turbo)

cool, thnaks tweak'e..
i dont know much bout mechanics at all, hence asking questions on 'ere! :)
appreciate yr comments

:cheers!:

Where do I purchase a ProVent 200 Catch Can

Could anybody advise me as to where I can purchase a Provent Catch Can.
I know Western Filters have them but would like to get in Vic. Melb - Ballarat or Geelong.
Any ideas?

Could anybody advise me as to where I can purchase a Provent Catch Can.
I know Western Filters have them but would like to get in Vic. Melb - Ballarat or Geelong.
Any ideas?

they sell them on ebay and only costs $10 for it to be delivered..

Latest posts

Back